looking to improve subwoofer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kngranch

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyone tried this yet?

KICKER | PF150C13

I bit the bullet and purchased the kicker/ford sub upgrade off eBay. My truck has the Sony stereo and according to the info on kickers website, they claim it's incompatible but after researching other ford forums, I found that it will work just fine. The kit came with very detailed installation instructions and all wiring and mounting hardware (mounting hardware is only needed if the truck wasn't previously equipped with a factory sub).

Overall I feel like this is the sub that should have been come with the truck rather than the junk Sony sub and best of all it gets louder as you turn up the volume. The sub doesn't offer ground pounding, **** off your neighbor bass but it definitely does add some thump to the truck. The price was also very reasonable for what you get. I paid $265 with free shipping and because it's a ford part (9L3Z-18808-N) it's also backed by ford.

Mariner

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I bit the bullet and purchased the kicker/ford sub upgrade off eBay. My truck has the Sony stereo and according to the info on kickers website, they claim it's incompatible but after researching other ford forums, I found that it will work just fine. The kit came with very detailed installation instructions and all wiring and mounting hardware (mounting hardware is only needed if the truck wasn't previously equipped with a factory sub).

Overall I feel like this is the sub that should have been come with the truck rather than the junk Sony sub and best of all it gets louder as you turn up the volume. The sub doesn't offer ground pounding, **** off your neighbor bass but it definitely does add some thump to the truck. The price was also very reasonable for what you get. I paid $265 with free shipping and because it's a ford part (9L3Z-18808-N) it's also backed by ford.
Please post pics and an update when it's all installed. I used to build crazy sound systems in my down time at college, and to be honest the stock sub is a disappointment. I'd love to upgrade for a reasonable price

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Cobra2Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Where did you find it for $265? Unless you forgot to add a "1" in front of that "2".

Kngranch

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Where did you find it for $265? Unless you forgot to add a "1" in front of that "2".

There are two different kits, one is the substage that only includes the subwoofer and the other is the soundstage which includes door speakers, and other equipment which isn't compatible with the Sony system. The price is indeed 265 shipped and like 480 for the entire system if your truck is compatible.

Please post pics and an update when it's all installed. I used to build crazy sound systems in my down time at college, and to be honest the stock sub is a disappointment. I'd love to upgrade for a reasonable price

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

I will post pics as soon as I get out of the office.