Leadnav Navigation System

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Most that run a tablet for navigation use MotionX (Apple only), or Backcountry Navigator.

MotionX allows you to see others using the same app. Which is nice to know where the other trucks are that are out with you.

Backcountry Navigator (Droid only) is what I use. It is about the same as the app you're asking about. But it doesn't include the yearly subscription for maps. There is a one time fee for the maps you want over the free ones that are included.

Have you used leadnav? Is it only for Apple products?

Yukon Joe :baby: :baby:
Delta Lead
www.runraptorrun.com

Last edited:

treypal

Lord of the Raptors
Reaction score
Leadnav is really good. A lot of race teams are going to it in their prerunners, I'm trying it out as a backup in the Raptor and will probably outfit my superduty with it. Paired with an external GPS module, I hear it's almost as accurate as a lowrance.

Sitdown

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Been using Backcountry a while now (motion x as well, tho prefer BC), just tried out the lead nav last trip.

The added voice commands really bumps this setup above the others IMO. Found this easier to use as well, if not familiar with backcountry, there is a bigger learning curve there. I did often get blank map data last trip, as if it were using cell data when no signal was avail, even though I did download the map area prior (this could be a fault on my behalf though). The GPS tracked the line so atleast knew i was on path.

For lead nav and backcountry I have the upgraded maps/version etc. I ran Backcountry on the dash mounted tablet, and leadnav on my phone (dash mounted as well). It worked great, had 2 maps to reference, but since my phone is sync'd for music, the audio from lead nav would come over speakers and override music for turns/hazzards/etc. Iphone 6S GPS worked well with app too, had tablet running gps off my Dual XGPS160 dongle, and it tracked well by itself

Hoping the map download data was just user error, but plan to run both these setups in the future

Last edited:

cups

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm looking at leadnav too. Been running MotionX but it didn't seem to work last couple times I tried. I have back country on a droid tablet. Haven't figured out how to use it.
It seems like there is movement toward leadnav. Having others around to help figure it out may be the best point for me. I need help.