Kicker Sub Upgrade How-To

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

brettmess24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Waiting to hear back, will update you all.

Sweet thanks!

I'm thinking those of us with the Sony system can use whatever system we can find as long as it's the screw or scab sub I beleive there all the same. Difference being the plug and play interface which I don't believe we can use anyway.....

Thoughts? Anyone know for sure?

DezertRacer

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Im installing the system now, using the splice and plug method to the factory sub connections. if you get the ultimate package . You can use all 4 door speakers and the sub with amp. you will just not use the other amp that comes with the kit for the door speakers. the amp in there now will work with the nav and sony system. Also as stated above you will need to cut the plug off the kicker harness and just splice into the sub wire plug. I will post pics shortly .

Last edited:

brettmess24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im installing the system now, using the splice and plug method to the factory sub connections. if you get the ultimate package . You can use all 4 door speakers and the sub with amp. you will just not use the other amp that comes with the kit for the door speakers. the amp in there now will work with the nav and sony system. Also as stated above you will need to cut the plug off the kicker harness and just splice into the sub wire plug. I will post pics shortly .

Cool! So what your saying is if I were to buy the full system it doesn't matter which one I get?

Because the amp that I would not be using is the only difference? So I could use the four speakers and sub and be good?

DezertRacer

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Cool! So what your saying is if I were to buy the full system it doesn't matter which one I get?

Because the amp that I would not be using is the only difference? So I could use the four speakers and sub and be good?

Correct to a point. you need the system for the supercrew, so the sub is positioned on the correct side. b ut you can get the big system with the door speakers and the sub and use it with the MFT . you just won't use the separate amp that they have for the door speakers .

brettmess24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Correct to a point. you need the system for the supercrew, so the sub is positioned on the correct side. b ut you can get the big system with the door speakers and the sub and use it with the MFT . you just won't use the separate amp that they have for the door speakers .

Yes as long as I get the supercrew version it doesnt matter what system I buy.

They sell two full kit systems one for 8" or 4.2" screen and one for the "base" system. Im guessing the difference is in the wire harness where it connects to the actual head unit to the amp for the four speakers.

So for us not using that amp to power the four speakers it really doesnt matter what system we buy as long as its for supercrew or supercab.

Hope that clears up any confusion....ha