Kicker Sub Upgrade How-To

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

killswitch engage

Reaction score
Sub harness

What does the black subwoofer harness connect to besides the amp on the sub enclosure? Does it connect under the center console on the SCREW as well? I didn't find a wiring diagram when i looked. Thanks guys.

2baddogs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
upgrade complete - ground question

Thanks to all for the info in this thread, completed the install yesterday. All seems to be great.

My question is the sub ground cable, I rand power and ground up the passenger wire loom along the door edge and came up in the front passenger footwell. As luck would have it the kicker supplied ground was the perfect length to ground about 8" up from the floor. I found a factory grounding bolt that has about 6 yellow/black wires grounding to the chasis next to the door edge. I decided to piggy back there and all works well.

I cant think of a drawback but just curious if anyone knows what those wires are for or if there is any issue piggybacking the ground. Cant think there is but I dont know sh*t about electronics.

Thanks for the info.
Pat