Kicker KSC68

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1stSFG

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I decided to take a 188.00 flier and ordered two pair of these speakers for the four doors. I ordered them from Mark at stage 3 motorsports. Cool dude.
If you served our country, be sure to ask for the extra 5% off.
Will report back what my ear's think. I have the 700w sony system. I'm going to also going to do the back fill in the OE sub to see how much improvement is realized. scab not crew. :specialed:

OP
OP
1stSFG

1stSFG

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Still waiting on the speakers. I did spend the 15 minutes or so pulling the OE sub and removing the 8"x6" piece of insulation from the factory. I did a three hundred sixty degree poly fill pack job. There actually is a noticeable difference. I mean it's still an 8" sub down fired. But I will say the ladies will appreciate a ride in the passenger rear seat. :)

OP
OP
1stSFG

1stSFG

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Done deal. Took the time to install the four speakers today. I'm not someone with an ass load of experience pulling door panels or installing stereos, but I've been doing my own engine rebuilds and R&R for 40 years plus. This is an easy job. The only problem I had was dropping the nut retainer for the passenger front door release into the cavity. (gone). Wasn't going to spend a day pulling apart and fishing for it. I'll get a replacement at the stealership in the near future. It took me about twenty minutes a door. The upper and lower door panels on the rear doors were a bit more tricky, but no big deal. The biggest bitch for me was the wire plugs. One of them was tighter than a ticks ass. It took a considerable amount of effort to get it to snap seated.
I did a comparison sound check front and rear to OE. It was hard to hear much of a difference until all four were replaced. The great thing is the OE front door pillar tweeters and the center channel still operate. Now, the system sounds brighter and the midrange is a good amount stronger. These speakers are far more punchy. But understand that they are 200. speakers. They aren't audiophile top shelf speakers.
Personally, for someone that has the 700w Sony system and doesn't want to drop a great deal of dough in the sound system, re insulating the sub and swapping out the door speakers for under two bills with these will leave you feeling it was worth the cost and effort.