Kicker Audio system install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MikeWads

Reaction score
I wanted to share some details of my recent audio system install. The system components include:

AudioControl LC2i
Kicker 4 gauge wiring kit
Kicker IX1000.1 Amplifier (1000w RMS x 1)
(2) Kicker 10" CompRT subs (DVC 2 ohm)
Rodney's Custom Speaker Box/Amp Rack for 2013 Ford Supercrew(ebay)

Battery, firewall, and ground install:
IMG_4668.jpg

IMG_4670.jpg

IMG_4650.jpg

IMG_4657.jpg

High voltage signal tapped right off the amp under the center console (front two door speakers):
IMG_4659.jpg

AudioControl LC2i location:
IMG_4827.jpg

Box flipped over to show woofers installed in box:
531bd7c7-a4a5-4d49-a750-6a794ea21231.jpg

Amp rack:
IMG_4823.jpg

Box fitment:
IMG_4684.jpg

IMG_4680.jpg

IMG_4679.jpg

Remote bass level control:
IMG_4687.jpg

DB meter showing that these two 10s are cable of maxing out my old Radio Shack meter at 126db:
IMG_4831.jpg

I do miss the extra room when lifting the back seats up, but I enjoy the boom more than the extra storage space. The bass level knob is a really nice addition that comes with the amp and gives me the ability to add/remove bass based on the type of music. The LC2i was not really necessary since the amp has high level inputs, but I wanted the AccuBASS feature which adds bass at set high volume level and then removes it when you turn it back down. This counteracts the factory systems bass removal at high volume.

Last edited:

JLA

Reaction score
Are you using the remote turn on GTO with LC2i or did you run a remote trigger wire? I had heard that the GTO feature may not work with the high level low frequency signal from the sub wires and may need higher frequency full range high level input for the GTO to work. I'm about to do a similar install. Set up looks clean!

OP
OP
MikeWads

MikeWads

Reaction score
Are you using the remote turn on GTO with LC2i or did you run a remote trigger wire? I had heard that the GTO feature may not work with the high level low frequency signal from the sub wires and may need higher frequency full range high level input for the GTO to work. I'm about to do a similar install. Set up looks clean!

I'm using the GTO on the LC2i. Signal comes from the front two door speakers (full range).