Just a "Clean Sweep" or "summing" too.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ssebranek

Reaction score
Does anyone know with a late 2010, Sony non-nav, radio, do I need the JL Summing unit or can I get by with just the Clean Sweep. I have read that the later Sony stereos need the summing unit, but I think my 2010 has a different set-up compared to the later models and not sure if I need both? I already have aftermarket sub and amp running off the signal from before the old sub amp.

As an aside, I listened to Spotify extreme with an eq. curve (reverse bell curve) and the system sounds so much better. This made me want to ditch the Ford eq. settings for something better. Could I just use the clean sweep and old amp if the processing done in the head unit or would I need a new amp. Just looking for better sound quality on the cheap.

Thanks for help and knowledge.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
you ideally want the summing device. it will create a full range signal to go to your amp. you will need an aftermarket amp. cant use the oem. and once you add those parts, you will get a substantial increase in sub sound quality