Jl audio cleansweep ????

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

str8fast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Been digging into my trucks audio system lately and am finally starting to get things somewhat figured out.
Front kick panels: zr650csi
Front doors: zr650csi
Rear doors: zr650csi
Sub: 13tw5-3

3 amps

2 powering the components
(Forgot the size of the them)
1 hd/1200 for the sub

Has a cleansweep to integrate to oem head unit.

Now what I'm trying to figure out is why I would need an equalizer.

From the front Rca output on the cleansweep goes to a zapco equalizer the splits into three rcas back to the amps one for front one for rear and one for sub

Do I need the equalizer or can I just go from the front rca out on the cleansweep to the amp driving my front speakers

The rear rca out to the amp feeding my rear speakers

And then take a pre amp out from my front amp to feed my sub amp

Any thoughts
Thanks in advanced

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
str8fast

str8fast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sweet now I just have to figure out what to do with the hole they cut for it. Next question is my cleansweep doesn't have the volume control assy and as of now I am using the factory volume control and/or the eq. So I take it in order to make things work the best I need to get the volume control knob for the cleansweep?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the master volume with the cl441dsp is ideal, but not necessary. the only difference is that when you calibrate it, its calibrated at that level. the main volume knob keeps the calibration, whereas the oem volume will change the effect on the calibration due to frequency changes in volume levels in the oem system. i would look for it since its much better to have.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Arizona Free