Issues with Passport 9500 CI system

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

imnewhere

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The original owner of the truck had the 9500 CI from Passport installed like it was supposed to be. The second owner said that it had worked fine for him the last time that he used it. Fast forward to now and since I've owned the truck (a month or so) and I cannot get the unit to turn on.

For those that don't know this is a fully custom install system with everything hidden and mounted behind the grill. The only "radar detector" parts that show are a small screen about 1.5" long and another controller that is the same size. Both are mounted to the dash on the driver's left side.

I have checked every fuse in the truck and all of the inline fuses for the system. I even spliced in to the power wires that run to the "brain" of the unit and they were still hot. The unit is spliced in to an orange/white white under the steering column that I assume is tied in to the ignition, as the inline fuses only pull power when the key is in accessory mode or cranked.

At this point I feel like I have a faulty unit, but just wanted to see if anyone else had any experience with this unit before I go ripping components out to send back to the company.

Thanks guys.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Power button????

Joking, but yes. I've tried that, tried a power reset cycle, and also tried to hook a computer up to the USB but the computer just says "no detector found"
had to make sure. the control unit has 5 buttons on the front and the majority of people mistake the big round mute button as power. have you tried holding the power button down? maybe 5-7 seconds or so

OP
OP
imnewhere

imnewhere

Full Access Member
Reaction score
had to make sure. the control unit has 5 buttons on the front and the majority of people mistake the big round mute button as power. have you tried holding the power button down? maybe 5-7 seconds or so

Yeah, I've been all over the ****** forums trying to troubleshoot it without actually joining the site. No dice on the power/mute or the other one where you hold three button (don't quote me on the three buttons, I'm not 100% but there was another button cycle that I found and tried to no avail).

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I've been all over the ****** forums trying to troubleshoot it without actually joining the site. No dice on the power/mute or the other one where you hold three button (don't quote me on the three buttons, I'm not 100% but there was another button cycle that I found and tried to no avail).
you have the brain module accessible? and holding the power button on top of the control unit didnt help i take it? (not mute button) the orange/white at the ignition harness is an accessory wire. wasnt really designed to carry a lot of current. try a different power source

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wait....you have a "law enforcement-fire" logo and are asking about a device that is illegal in the Commonwealth? And not to long ago carried 3 points as a moving violation

---------- Post added at 07:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:22 PM ----------

And Noah is an accessory to your crime

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Wait....you have a "law enforcement-fire" logo and are asking about a device that is illegal in the Commonwealth? And not to long ago carried 3 points as a moving violation

---------- Post added at 07:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:22 PM ----------

And Noah is an accessory to your crime
It's like laser tag, he's just trying to find his buddies! Lol...

@Yukon Joe :baby: :baby:
www.runraptorrun.com