internal hard drive and recodring CD's

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

medic701

Reaction score
So I have a 2010 raptor with nav. I have the newest update and I want to know how to "record" to the hard drive where is shows the name of the song when I use a cd that I burnt on my computer. The disk shows the name and title artist ect. but when I record it to my raptor hard drive it only shows up unknown artist. also when I try to play songs from my USB it states not allowed due to copyright. any suggestion?

rmschaver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have recorded many to my hard drive. A few have had the same issue usually when they are a best of CD. I have not tried to use a burned CD just t he store bought original. Nor have I tried a USB. I usually stream from my iPhone or hard drive. Maybe Noah will offer advice he's the bomb on this topic of sound systems.

OP
OP
M

medic701

Reaction score
you can actually save songs to a hard drive??

how big is the drive?

I can in my truck It has a HDD option and when I put a CD Disk in and on the bottom right side theres a record button I press it and it records to the hard drive. if you need pics let me know ill send them. Its actually nice

Last edited:

rmschaver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure of the actual size of HDD. Will check tomorrow. How you record your cds will affect how many cds/songs you can store. Lossless recording uses more disk space. Lossy uses less, one is a compressed version of recording and is fine for most people. Most mpegs are a lossy or compressed format.

REBELx504

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can in my truck It has a HDD option and when I put a CD Disk in and on the bottom right side theres a record button I press it and it records to the hard drive. if you need pics let me know ill send them. Its actually nice

how can I tell if I have it?
Pics please!!