Installation/Review JL Audio C5-570 Component Speakers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KODIAK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@BIRDMAN, did you ever go with the rear speakers/amp? Or are you still running just speakers. I've decided that a $2500 system revamp isn't in the cards right now, despite speaking to Noah. I'm going to do this in steps, speakers first.

OP
OP
BIRDMAN

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
@BIRDMAN, did you ever go with the rear speakers/amp? Or are you still running just speakers. I've decided that a $2500 system revamp isn't in the cards right now, despite speaking to Noah. I'm going to do this in steps, speakers first.

I only ended up replacing the rear speakers. I installed a sub/amp but not an amp for the door speakers. Doing just the speakers for now I think you will be very happy.

KODIAK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I only ended up replacing the rear speakers. I installed a sub/amp but not an amp for the door speakers. Doing just the speakers for now I think you will be very happy.

Good deal, thanks. I'll get it going next week.

Wideglide93

Full Access Member
Reaction score
resistance is futile.......

"these ARE the speakers you were looking for"

I seem to keep blowing the factory door speakers. I assume this upgrade would solve all these problems. Do they handle phone conversations ok, I think that might be what is killing the factory speakers. Also will this allow the factory sub to actually be heard better?

Thank you in advance for your time.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I seem to keep blowing the factory door speakers. I assume this upgrade would solve all these problems. Do they handle phone conversations ok, I think that might be what is killing the factory speakers. Also will this allow the factory sub to actually be heard better?

Thank you in advance for your time.
this has nothing to do with the factory sub so that wont change. phone calls generally wont destroy speakers. however if you turn the volume up in a phone call and end call and your radio kicks back on at high volume, then that could hurt a speaker. i dont know how you listen to things, but the number 1 reason aftermarket speakers blow is because of distortion from being underpowered. something to think about before you make a speaker purchase

Wideglide93

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Makes a ton of sense. So money better spent would be best wait and do the entire setup?which appears to be $2-3k on the low end including amp,processor, speakers, and sub?

KODIAK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Makes a ton of sense. So money better spent would be best wait and do the entire setup?which appears to be $2-3k on the low end including amp,processor, speakers, and sub?

I was quoted about $2500 for the job. I decided to do it in steps instead. After reading reviews and stuff from the guys on the forum, I don't think I'll run into an issue with blowing my speakers before I add the amp and processor. Installing the c5-570 up front this week and the c3's in the rear before the end of the month. I'll wind up doing the amp and processor next...and finally replace the sub sometime before spring.

durowrx

Reaction score
What did you end up doing for your sub and amp? Did you end up getting a box from The Car Stereo Company?