Installation/Review JL Audio C5-570 Component Speakers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
BIRDMAN

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
I just put the crossover at the +2db setting and the tweeters are louder still. It sounds good, there could be a frequency gap but I'm not noticing anything. I will do a video of a frequency test if you want...

BlueSVT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I've noticed I can hardly hear the factory tweeters AT ALL... so it's nice to hear that even this speaker swap will fix that.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just put the crossover at the +2db setting and the tweeters are louder still. It sounds good, there could be a frequency gap but I'm not noticing anything. I will do a video of a frequency test if you want...
damn bird, you are going to make your ears bleed at high volume. haha

OP
OP
BIRDMAN

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
damn bird, you are going to make your ears bleed at high volume. haha

It's actually quite awesome. With a couple more days listening to various types of music I have to say this was a worth while upgrade. I don't have to turn the volume up nearly as loud to get some good sound.

Sent from my thumbs using Tapatalk 2

OP
OP
BIRDMAN

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
so are you going to stick with the +2 setting?

Yes. And furthermore, when I put the bass setting on 0 I can go to Max volume with no distortion whatsoever. It's loud as hell too. I might just go for the C2 coax in the rear, and do a single 10" sub to fill the bass and call it a day. With the sub I wouldn't need to turn the bass up on the head unit at all which will give me plenty of high volume, distortion free mids and highs to keep up with the bass.