Inside roof (with sunroof), under headliner photo

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ditchplains1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I am getting ready to put a 3/4" hole through the roof to place a NMO antenna mount. I'd like to mount the antenna as far forward as the sunroof allows...
Anyone with a photo of the inside of the roof panel under the headliner in a SCREW with sunroof?
Thanks in advance,
Eddie

Attachments

• 20141111_143028.jpg
    20141111_143028.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 119
OP
OP
Ditchplains1

Ditchplains1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
RubyRed,
I am not sure if this is the location I am looking for. I think that this shows the mount just in front of the cab mounted rear brake/bed light. I'm looking to see if there are any obstructions further forward...just behind the sunroof support brackets/structure. How far forward towards the center of the roof? There is a section of the roof behind the sunroof that has no raised support areas like just in front...anterior to your placement. Are there supporting cross beam(s) in this area? Is there enough width in the raised ribbing to place the NMO mount if I twist it 22.5 degrees from the front to back direction?
Of course if it dries up tomorrow I can answer all of my own questions in about 20 minutes....
Thank you; looking at your picture does show some supporting structure I had found by pushing up on the headliner...
Eddie

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score
RubyRed,
I am not sure if this is the location I am looking for. I think that this shows the mount just in front of the cab mounted rear brake/bed light. I'm looking to see if there are any obstructions further forward...just behind the sunroof support brackets/structure. How far forward towards the center of the roof? There is a section of the roof behind the sunroof that has no raised support areas like just in front...anterior to your placement. Are there supporting cross beam(s) in this area? Is there enough width in the raised ribbing to place the NMO mount if I twist it 22.5 degrees from the front to back direction?
Of course if it dries up tomorrow I can answer all of my own questions in about 20 minutes....
Thank you; looking at your picture does show some supporting structure I had found by pushing up on the headliner...
Eddie

This location is probably a foot or so in front of the brake light. If you go too far, you will get into the sunroof mechanism. It doesn't matter where you put it, there isn't a whole lot of support. From what I have heard, the further forward the better as the amount of metal surface around the antenna will help with receiving and transmitting.

I didn't really take a good pic of the exterior location, but it's about as far forward I'd go without getting into the roof ribbing, and that didn't look wide enough to provide a sufficient seal around the NM mount.

Good luck!!!