GEN 1 Insert SD Card message

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TexasBlues

Reaction score
Hey all-

I have looked on here for people that have experienced this problem... but have not had much luck...

my 2013 SCREW threw an Insert SD Card message the other day... to date i have never had problem with anything on the truck... not ONE

i bought the A8 update, thinkin it was the A7 card, but that didnt work... i sometimes the USB to listen to music from a memory stick, and to charge my phone

i also did the 30 minute neg post disconnect and the master reset methods... no joy from either method

I have looked into getting a new 'control module' (P/N BT4Z19A387B) and have found one for a reasonable price...

my question is, has anyone else experience with this and what did they find out?

the 'hub' does not appear to be all that difficult to replace, but i like to know before i start yanking things out of the truck

TIA for your advice/thoughts/input

TB

cayenne

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When my 2014 started throwing that message the the entire hub was replaced inside the center console. Mine was done under warranty so I can't help on what it would cost.

OP
OP
T

TexasBlues

Reaction score
Thanks Cayenne

I found one that I am going to try... if it doesnt work, i'll return it

just so you know, OEM part on Amazon, $61 with shipping