I can't connnect my Nav to my wireless internet.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

EdgeR6

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I really don't understand what its supposed to do once its connected other then to act as a hotspot. In my Driveway when I try to connect to my wireless internet most of the keyboard is greyed out so I can't enter my security key.

??

69Mach1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, mine does the same exact thing. Even after the latest update at the stealership it will only let me enter numbers.. I just don't worry about it as I can't see myself actually using it for anything.

Blind1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I don't have it, but are you using a USB Mobile broadband modem?

"You must insert an owner’s compatible USB mobile broadband modem into SYNC’s USB port will produce a secure wireless connection that will be broadcast throughout the vehicle, allowing passengers with WiFi-enabled mobile devices to access the Internet while on the go"

69Mach1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On the 13's with MFT they have WiFi built in.

Besides having the same issue as the OP'er, my cell provider AT&T won't allow my cell or truck to be a hotspot, even though both can do it.

OP
OP
E

EdgeR6

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On the 13's with MFT they have WiFi built in.

Besides having the same issue as the OP'er, my cell provider AT&T won't allow my cell or truck to be a hotspot, even though both can do it.

Your not on the right plan My wife and are getting her a new phone and the new plans allow this to happen.

Interesting that this is a know issue but there is no fix?

69Mach1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dealer's eyes glazed over when I explained it.. though they had already written me off due to the clunking in my front suspension that was 'normal' according to them.

My contract comes due this summer and I'll have to look into getting that. My son has a Kindle (Wifi only) and it would be nice for him to be able to get full use out of it on our trips.

Last edited:

fshol

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I really don't understand what its supposed to do once its connected other then to act as a hotspot. In my Driveway when I try to connect to my wireless internet most of the keyboard is greyed out so I can't enter my security key.

??

I have the same problem, anyone here who knows the solution?