How get wires from door to cabin?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

no1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone done wiring from door to cabin? would like to get ideas how to do that. Found out today that there is connector plug from door to cabin.
My goal is to get sideview camera wires to cabin. If there some good way to do it or someone have done for example speaker wires would like to know how you did it. Pictures would be great.
Thank you

-J

OP
OP
no1

no1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thank you, sir. Should have known better that there is thread ;) Of course.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i had a lot of wires to run so i pulled off my door, drilled 2 holes and ran a second rubber boot

Attachments

• tmp_31951-IMG_20150521_102230328_HDR-929995523.jpg
    tmp_31951-IMG_20150521_102230328_HDR-929995523.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 113
OP
OP
no1

no1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
rubber boot

i had a lot of wires to run so i pulled off my door, drilled 2 holes and ran a second rubber boot

You have part number for those rubber boots? Wont get those here, so would like to order two of those, each side. Then i don't have to cut RCA jacks and could run more wires for later instal of upgraded audio.

Also going to send PM for you, soon ---^--- since your Guru here

Thank you

-Jan

The Car Stereo Company

Supporting Member
Reaction score
You have part number for those rubber boots? Wont get those here, so would like to order two of those, each side. Then i don't have to cut RCA jacks and could run more wires for later instal of upgraded audio.

Also going to send PM for you, soon ---^--- since your Guru here

Thank you

-Jan
unfortunately there is no part number on the rubber boots. the boots only come with a complete wire harness. i checked with several dealers of different manufacturers and they all told me i had to buy the whole harness for thousands of dollars. i ended up going to a junkyard and searching a lot of vehicles to find the boot that i wanted. $7 is a whole lot better than $2000. i think it came off a nissan. but it has to be round. that way i was able to use my hole saw to make a clean hole. the oval ones will take some time to cut out correctly.

OP
OP
no1

no1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well then it's of to junk yard :) Thank you. I just have to try find one or two somewhere. Going Wednesday local US parts dealer that have old parts maybe i found those there.

Thanks

The Car Stereo Company

Supporting Member
Reaction score
theres a junkyard called pick and pull here. you go in with your own tools and take what you want off thr vehicles on the lot. i dont know how it works in your area, but i pulled the harness loose, and cut all the wires in the way. 15 minutes and i was out of there (after searching 1 hour for the right harness boot)

OP
OP
no1

no1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
theres a junkyard called pick and pull here. you go in with your own tools and take what you want off thr vehicles on the lot. i dont know how it works in your area, but i pulled the harness loose, and cut all the wires in the way. 15 minutes and i was out of there (after searching 1 hour for the right harness boot)

They do all the work here and just charge more of doing that ;)

-Jan

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TwistAir