Horn wire location ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hole Shot

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm hoping @The Car Stereo Company can help. I can see that on a 2011 the horn wire is yellow and red under the hood. Is it yellow and red under the dash? Does anyone know where the horn wire is accessible and what colors it is under the dash. I'm also looking for a switched signal Wire under the bed. This is for a train horn setup if yall were wondering.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm hoping @The Car Stereo Company can help. I can see that on a 2011 the horn wire is yellow and red under the hood. Is it yellow and red under the dash? Does anyone know where the horn wire is accessible and what colors it is under the dash. I'm also looking for a switched signal Wire under the bed. This is for a train horn setup if yall were wondering.

jeez, cant a guy sleep? haha

the horn wire in the cab is a negative trigger. its at the bcm. a white/purple in the plug on the bottom, with the wires facing toward the rear of the vehicle. it goes into a relay at some point where it becomes a positive trigger, but im not sure where. as far as an ignition wire under the bed, im not sure. but its not too hard to run one.

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score

You don't need the wire under the dash. It won't work. You need to use the wire going into the OEM horn with a kill switch. Other side of the kill switch goes to ground.

Thank You for your donations to Avery. We hit our goal!

Yukon Joe
Snoball 3
Delta Lead
www.runraptorrun.com

t_j

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Power under the bed can be tapped from the Aux power pin on the trailer harness orange wire I belive.

OP
OP
Hole Shot

Hole Shot

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks guys I ended up taping into a blue wire in the right hand door channel for the 12v ign and running all the way to the horn for the signal. I didn't put a switch in today because I ran out of time but I wanted to see if everything worked. I drove down some country roads so not to disturb my neighbors blowing my horn till it was out of air. But when I got home I locked my truck with my fob. Lol forgot about the horn when you lock the truck. Whoops sorry neighbors!!
@Yukon Joe what are you talking about running a switch to ground? Is this for a non steering wheel activated horn? I'm gonna do both.

---------- Post added at 11:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:13 PM ----------

Power under the bed can be tapped from the Aux power pin on the trailer harness orange wire I belive.

Didn't find any power under the bed.

t_j

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You have to have the fuse and relay installed that was part of the tow package (break controller), if you don't have that you may not have the orange wire in the 7 pin hookup for the trailer.

OP
OP
Hole Shot

Hole Shot

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Crap I have all that stuff it's just sitting in my glove compartment oh well thanks!!