Help - Yaesu 7900 mounting solution

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

stewwalker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have been trying to figure out where to mount my FT-7900R brain, err what ever you call it. I'm going to mount the remote front panel above or below the rear view mirror, but I haven't found a decent place to stick the actual radio. I thought it would fit nicely behind the glove box, but after looking and test fitting, I don't think this is an option. My other guess would be under the passenger seat, but I think I would have to fab a bracket. Does any one with some knowledge and experience working behind the dash, console or under the seats have any possible ideas? My goal is to have a clean factory appearance and not drill into anything that will look obvious if I remove the radio.

Also any suggestions on running the antenna cable through the headliner would be a big help!

OP
OP
stewwalker

stewwalker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have seen this method, and would not hesitate to do it in any other vehicle, but I really don't want to drill holes in my floor board. I was thinking about mounting it to the underside of the seat, but I haven't taken a close look at what my options are under there . Maybe some bracketry would be involved.

When you had the back seat out, did it look like there was enough room for it to fit against the rear wall?

Last edited:

Ftera

Full Access Member
Reaction score