Help with viper smart start!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RaptorRexCullen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi folks,

I got a viper smart start installed in my raptor quite a few years ago now..maybe 3-4? Its worked fine up until a month ago.

Here's the backstory: They called me early a few months ago saying the wrong credit card was on my account and someone else was paying for my services. I never had a chance to get back to them and they ended up cutting off my account. So a few months later (i forgot this happened) i went to use my remote start with my phone and I cant even log in. Because they cut my account off. So i call them and they say "give us your air ID from your truck and we can reactivate it". So i do that but the amber light on the air ID box is flashing (not solid). They get me to reboot it a few times but nothing happens. They then say take it into the installer. This is not an option for me because the only installer near me said they wont service smart starts anymore and I have to take it to the next dealer. ********. But now im stuck, smart start says take it to the dealer and the dealer says nope.

Back to the problem. The orange/amber flashing light means (i looked it up) its searching for cellular signal. But it should be fine, I live in a good area for cell serivce. Any ideas on what I can do my self?

Thanks

taco-13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My smart start did the same thing after it was deactivated for 1 year. I had the same amber blinking light. Even after a few times disconnecting the power. I called Viper just like you did. I gave them my info and after 10 mins it was reactivated. I would try calling viper again. Get a different tech. The unit definitely disables itself after a few months of being inactive. It will not work without them remotely reactivating it.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
almost correct. directed disables it after a certain period of time. the unit does not disable itself. and then requires you to call back in to them for reactivation. regardless, same results and same fix.