Hardwiring V1

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SVTLOPEZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok so I searched the forums and watched a ton of YouTube videos and I still haven't found out exactly which wire is power and which one is negative behind the rear view mirror for a 2013 fully loaded raptor. I'm trying to hard wire in my radar detector which I just bought. Can anyone help?

Last edited:
OP
OP
SVTLOPEZ

SVTLOPEZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't remember. It's been too long. I haven't looked at it, but aren't there some pics in the Valentine thread?

Yea but like I told Eddie. Idk if it makes a difference if that guy that posted the pics didn't have a sunroof or older model raptor than I do or not

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yea but like I told Eddie. Idk if it makes a difference if that guy that posted the pics didn't have a sunroof or older model raptor than I do or not

I just looked, and I didn't do that type of install. I bought a wire tap kit (look it up on Google). It came with the wire kit to tap directly into the back of the mirror. Just unplug it from the back of the mirror and find a hot wire. Then find a ground wire (light won't come on). Red to hot wire, black to ground. Easy peezy.

Just be real careful with the tap kit ends, they are very brittle. I broke mine and just tapped right into the wire and tapped it up. Shouldn't ever be moisture up there and the amperage is super low.

The tap kit comes with full direction which makes it a 1 on 10 scale installation.

Good Luck!!!

OP
OP
SVTLOPEZ

SVTLOPEZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just looked, and I didn't do that type of install. I bought a wire tap kit (look it up on Google). It came with the wire kit to tap directly into the back of the mirror. Just unplug it from the back of the mirror and find a hot wire. Then find a ground wire (light won't come on). Red to hot wire, black to ground. Easy peezy.

Just be real careful with the tap kit ends, they are very brittle. I broke mine and just tapped right into the wire and tapped it up. Shouldn't ever be moisture up there and the amperage is super low.

The tap kit comes with full direction which makes it a 1 on 10 scale installation.

Good Luck!!!

Found it! Looks pretty simple now lol I'm gonna get that and hopefully get it right the first time since there's only 4 wires to the back of the rear view. Thank you red