GPS/CLOCK not working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

medic701

Reaction score
2010 Model. 6.2L i purchased the truck used and the navigation screen says no GPS and the clock just has lines. would i need to replace the screen or the main unit? What are the chances of just the antenna being bad. what is the best was to figure out the main problem.

Love the truck

TheJoker

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have a 2011 and my GPS is not working. Which is weird because 99% of the time, it shows my correct position. It has shown me driving into the ocean once. LOL. I have a LockPick which may be what's causing my problem.

I've never heard of anyone have issues with their clock.

FordIVTteam

Full Access Member
Reaction score

---------- Post added at 01:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:24 PM ----------

2010 Model. 6.2L i purchased the truck used and the navigation screen says no GPS and the clock just has lines. would i need to replace the screen or the main unit? What are the chances of just the antenna being bad. what is the best was to figure out the main problem.

Love the truck

Hi medic701,

The NO GPS symbol indicates that insufficient GPS-satellite signals are available for accurate map positioning. If this icon is displayed continuously, and you're not in a poor GPS-access area, this likely means an issue not related to software has occurred. It's best to visit your dealer to have this resolved.

I have a 2011 and my GPS is not working. Which is weird because 99% of the time, it shows my correct position. It has shown me driving into the ocean once. LOL. I have a LockPick which may be what's causing my problem.

I've never heard of anyone have issues with their clock.

TheJoker,

Do you see the NO GPS symbol too?

Shaay

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You should perform a master reset it's in the settings somewhere I can't remember exactly where it's at.
There is a factory restore as well or something to that affect.

Best is to go through your owners manual. One does a complete restore the other just restore some features.

Also a battery disconnect for 15 minuets is my recommendation as well.

TheJoker

FRF Addict
Reaction score

---------- Post added at 01:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:24 PM ----------

Hi medic701,

The NO GPS symbol indicates that insufficient GPS-satellite signals are available for accurate map positioning. If this icon is displayed continuously, and you're not in a poor GPS-access area, this likely means an issue not related to software has occurred. It's best to visit your dealer to have this resolved.

TheJoker,

Do you see the NO GPS symbol too?

Shaay
Correct, I see the NO GPS symbol a lot. But, it normally has my correct position displayed.

renegadeagle

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Love the truck

On the radio,Press the 3 and 6 at the same time to enter diagnostics.
Will have a menu
One of the tests checks the GPS

Regards

FordIVTteam

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Correct, I see the NO GPS symbol a lot. But, it normally has my correct position displayed.

Ok, TheJoker. The same advice goes for you as well. If you're in a good coverage area (not a garage or parking lot), you shouldn't see that symbol. A dealer visit is needed if this continues to be an issue. It's signs that the antenna or module may be weak.

Shaay

OP
OP
M

medic701

Reaction score
ok pressed the 3 and 6 button
got a open antenna dtc code, Im gonn replace the antenna and go from there Ill post an update when I get it