Gen1 Sync MFT Update from V3.4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Haskal

Reaction score
Hey guys, I need some help.
Here in Chile the dealers have no idea about update MFT....basically they don´t have any idea about our trucks..............
They sell it, but they don´t know nothing about....

I need the V3.8 cause I´ll move to Europe, I have the sd card for US ford in Europe, but I need to update my V3.4 to run it.
In the ford web can´t download it, someone have the file to update my MFT?

Thanks for all!!

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
@Haskal, I hate to be a buzzkill, but you need to understand that MFT and Maps are encrypted and encoded with your Vin# (Vehicle Identification Number) and the software code that is in the Navgation.

Even when you finally get your MFT to v.3.8 (v.3.10 is newer but it's dealer install only for now) you will find that you still won't be able to install that SD card, you will get an error when you try to install it.

Example: If you owned two 2013 Raptors and live in the USA and bought the Map upgrade you can only install it in the one truck that you gave the Vin# for.

Are you able to run a Vehicle Health Report? Because Ford says VHR is not available outside North America.
If Ford still does not accept you phone number you may want to try a Skype number set for USA. (If that's even possible)
You would need to register your phone number on your Ford Owners website.

If not, do you have friends or relatives in the US that could go to your Ford Owners website?
Or a friend from the USA visiting with their US phone? You could register their phone and try.

Last edited:

JtoU

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Since you're moving to Europe i recommend you contact @Auto-Hentzschel and he can help you with anything. I have European navigation and radio conversion from him and he have done all the updates related to Sync.

gwpfan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Another work around is a remote desktop session into a US based PC.

Had issues with a few sites in Italy and Thailand that were being blocked, stupid to me as it was for home loan stuff...and the show Longmire...Funny Italy blocked Longmire via Netflix. Luckily I have remote access to a number of PC's and was able to make it work. Even blocked VPN connections.

Sounds like @Auto-Hentzschel can help you out. Good luck.

woutvc

Reaction score
@JtoU:
I too have a Euro conversion from Henschel, but have never any updates installed.
Does henschel sends you the updates?

JtoU

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@JtoU:
I too have a Euro conversion from Henschel, but have never any updates installed.
Does henschel sends you the updates?

He did send it when i asked but it didn't work at that time. I went to his shop and got it done there, he activated my remote start same time. Call him and ask.

OP
OP
H

Haskal

Reaction score
Hi guys!! Thanks for all the posts. Now I looking forward for some dealer in Chile to update the MFT and use the SD USA card for Europe that have, but @Auto-Hentzschel, when I arrived spain, for sure that I´ll need help ;-), some question: What you do with the markers and the parking lights??? In spain the law said amber markers and white parking lights...