Fuse tap style for passenger side fuse

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

oplersx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Need to tap into the passenger side fuse box.. bought two fuse taps, too big.. back to the store bought another two low profile taps, too short :banghead::banghead:

So what is the correct size??

OP
OP
O

oplersx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Google showed this:13aaace324bc6ad21f49e24cb6b17a9b.jpg

I guess the fuse has to be replaced?

I bought this:564eb4c3f85bcbba19d5592adc80a125.jpg
Fuse is same to OEM, but the tap teeth is too short.

通过我的 HUAWEI NXT-AL10 上的 Tapatalk发言

roybot

Reaction score
Just summarizing

Hey guys, I just went through this too. Went through three different add-a-circuits(pigtails) before finding the right one. I know this thread is buried but just summarizing the other replies and my own experience for any future readers.

1. The fuses in the passenger kick panel fuse box are: Low-profile ATM (they have a plastic tongue between the two metal blades).

2. You can't use a Low-profile ATM add-a-circuit because the metal blades are not long enough (due to design of the add-a-circuit and the Ford fusebox).

3. You have to buy a Mini ATM add-a-circuit (it has longer blades without the plastic tongue thing).

4. ATR is not the same as ATM.

5. Make sure you get a amp matched mini-ATM fuse to replace the low profile ATM fuse that you will be replacing with the pigtail. This is in addition to the fuse that you will use for your accessory.

6. Install the pigtail the right way so that the electricity actually goes "through" the fuse. In my truck, you inserted so that you could read the fuses from above.

7. Make sure you clarify which fuse/slot is for your new accessory and which is for the fuse you are replacing and match the amps accordingly.

stealth

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I just went through this too. Went through three different add-a-circuits(pigtails) before finding the right one. I know this thread is buried but just summarizing the other replies and my own experience for any future readers.

This thread helped a lot. Thanks Roybot, your summary was very helpful for when I needed to hardwire my new Thinkware F770 2 channel dash cam. Prior to that I was researching dual camera dash cams and it came down to the Thinkware F770 vs. the BlackVue DR650S. Although both dash cams have a continuous recording and parking mode and other similar features - I was sold on the F770 due to several things like the more covert design, less overall vehicle power consumption, and a better quality 1080P HD rear camera vs. the 720P HD rear camera on the DR650S. Inside the settings it also can be set to shut itself down should the vehicle’s battery voltage drop below a pre-set level.

I highly recommended the Thinkware F770 for anyone looking for a discreet fully featured 1080P front/rear dash cam and doesn't need a display screen. Instead, you can view it with WiFi connectivity to the camera from a smart phone.

rkneeshaw

Full Access Member
Reaction score

1. The fuses in the passenger kick panel fuse box are: Low-profile ATM (they have a plastic tongue between the two metal blades).

2. You can't use a Low-profile ATM add-a-circuit because the metal blades are not long enough (due to design of the add-a-circuit and the Ford fusebox).

3. You have to buy a Mini ATM add-a-circuit (it has longer blades without the plastic tongue thing).

4. ATR is not the same as ATM.

5. Make sure you get a amp matched mini-ATM fuse to replace the low profile ATM fuse that you will be replacing with the pigtail. This is in addition to the fuse that you will use for your accessory.

6. Install the pigtail the right way so that the electricity actually goes "through" the fuse. In my truck, you inserted so that you could read the fuses from above.

7. Make sure you clarify which fuse/slot is for your new accessory and which is for the fuse you are replacing and match the amps accordingly.

You rock, saved me from ordering the wrong one. Thanks!