Front Camera

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Raptor1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Reading the instructions for the link I posted it says u can activate the front camera by pressing the front defrost button 2x in less than 1 second. And activate the rear camera by pressing the rear defroster 2x in less than 1 second. Sounds like u have the kit if the cameras turn on.

Flapenn

Reaction score
Nice to know. That’s one upgrade I won’t have to do lmao

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chiefapple

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Huh. Well my NavTv you press the OK button while on the front camera screen and it activates the camera.

If you press the phone button twice it asks if you want to unlock the navigation. If you say no, then it asks if you want to activate the rear camera.

Flapenn

Reaction score
Just checked mine. Two clicks of the rear defroster enables rear cam. If you go to the front camera screen in the cluster and press ok it enables front cam

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That’s typically a function of a lockpick of some type. NavTV doesn’t use the rear defroster.

2013 and 14 trucks use the rear defroster to activate the rear cam. also use the front defroster to activate vim. 2010 -2012 were different