FORScan on a Gen1

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

guitarist982

Reaction score
When off-roading, I've had a flat and due to the rough terrain I didn't know I had a flat until I was bottoming out when I know I shouldn't. With a soft aftermarket suspension it can hide it. I would like it to go on when I really lose pressure instead of lowering the pressure and the light stays on all the time. I usually now drop to 36psi, that way the light doesn't come on but if I do have a flat, it will. Would like to get down to 30psi when off-roading. I've heard a tuner will drop it but not past 30-32psi

I can take a look this evening. I don't remember what the options were if it was a pre-populated drop down or if you can just fill in the blank.

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
When off-roading, I've had a flat and due to the rough terrain I didn't know I had a flat until I was bottoming out when I know I shouldn't. With a soft aftermarket suspension it can hide it. I would like it to go on when I really lose pressure instead of lowering the pressure and the light stays on all the time. I usually now drop to 36psi, that way the light doesn't come on but if I do have a flat, it will. Would like to get down to 30psi when off-roading. I've heard a tuner will drop it but not past 30-32psi

I understand why you'd want it off roading.

You could always disable the OEM setup with Forscan and run an aftermarket system. You'd need a place for the display to go, but otherwise that would accomplish what you want.

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So, I thought I'd add this to the thread.

There is a change you can make with Forscan that will allow you to remove the Sony amp from the mix on trucks that have the Sony system.

After doing the Forscan adjustments and some minor wiring, you can have a nice clean signal from the head unit with all functions intact and no additional hardware needed. No Cleansweep, 3 sixty, or PAC adapter needed. Once you have the clean line out signals, you can then run your own amps and speakers as desired.

Because of the options now available in Forscan, things have changed a lot with what is possible to do with the Sony setup compared to a year ago. You really don't need any type of aftermarket processor or adapter anymore- although the PAC is a plug and play setup if for some reason you want to spend $200 extra and leave the Sony amp installed just to avoid the Forscan/wiring modification.

Edit:

Some links with details on the Forscan and wiring changes. The first link is to a Fusion forum, but it's pretty much all the same as an F150. Second link is to a 13-14 MFT Sony F150 upgrade thread. Third link has an oscilloscope analysis of the stock setup, the Forscan 'hack' setup, and the PAC adapter setup.
http://www.2gfusions.net/showthread.php?tid=3704
http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum...2014-ford-f-150-w-sony-oem-integration-4.html
http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum...ord-explorer-sport-build-log.html#post4521138

Can't wait to do something with mine now- it just can't deliver when the windows are down and you are rolling 40+ MPH.

Last edited:

guitarist982

Reaction score
I'm setting mine to 115psi, like to live life on the edge!

lol ... it is a rather unnecessary range. I'm pretty sure the psi just gets converted to hex in the BCM so I wonder if it could just be hard coded to something lower than 30 rather than being forced to pick from the menu.

Otis857

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, I thought I'd add this to the thread.

There is a change you can make with Forscan that will allow you to remove the Sony amp from the mix on trucks that have the Sony system.

After doing the Forscan adjustments and some minor wiring, you can have a nice clean signal from the head unit with all functions intact and no additional hardware needed. No Cleansweep, 3 sixty, or PAC adapter needed. Once you have the clean line out signals, you can then run your own amps and speakers as desired.

Because of the options now available in Forscan, things have changed a lot with what is possible to do with the Sony setup compared to a year ago. You really don't need any type of aftermarket processor or adapter anymore- although the PAC is a plug and play setup if for some reason you want to spend $200 extra and leave the Sony amp installed just to avoid the Forscan/wiring modification.

Edit:

Some links with details on the Forscan and wiring changes. The first link is to a Fusion forum, but it's pretty much all the same as an F150. Second link is to a 13-14 MFT Sony F150 upgrade thread. Third link has an oscilloscope analysis of the stock setup, the Forscan 'hack' setup, and the PAC adapter setup.
Variable Line Level Preamp Outputs From ACM (Factory Radio) For Amplifier Upgrades
2014 Ford F-150 w/ Sony - OEM integration - Page 4 - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum
2016 Ford Explorer Sport Build Log - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

Can't wait to do something with mine now- it just can't deliver when the windows are down and you are rolling 40+ MPH.

Caught my interest when I saw the DSP module access. How does it sound with the signal cleaned up and I assume you have better speakers and a sub upgrade too? I assume you can access that on a 2011.

I bought an Arc Audio PS8 processor to put in later and a flat audio signal will help allot with the tuning. But even with that, it cant be understated just how much custom tuning and time alignment help with the overall soundstage of the system.

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I've not touched my system yet. Too much stuff going on right now to be ripping the truck apart. Can't research this stuff too much though before diving in.