Go Back   FORD RAPTOR FORUM - Ford SVT Raptor Forums - Ford Raptor > Ford Raptor Forums - Modifications > Ford Raptor Audio/Video/Electronics Forum
Become a Supporting Member         Become a Supporting Vendor

Sponsored Ads
Register to remove these ads.

Ford Raptor Audio/Video/Electronics Forum

Ford Sync + Nav updates?

This is a discussion on Ford Sync + Nav updates? within the Ford Raptor Audio/Video/Electronics Forum forums, part of the Ford Raptor Forums - Modifications category!
Register to remove these ads. It's free! I got my (used) 2010 Raptor not to long ago... Finally logged into ...

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2013, 11:07 PM   #1 (permalink)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

(Thread Starter)
Question Ford Sync + Nav updates?

Register to remove these ads. It's free!
I got my (used) 2010 Raptor not to long ago... Finally logged into syncmyride.com and registered.

I filled out the VIN and info and it I tried to download the updates. It told me manual update is unavailable for my vehicle. I have to take it to the dealer for it to be updated.

The service guy at the dealership told me it is $90 and won't give me any new features and would be a waste of money.

I don't get it. How do I upgrade then? And I think I need to upgrade to get the new Sync Services, right?

Anyone know?? Is there a manual ISO/ZIP I can download from somewhere and throw on the USB stick to update it myself some how?

Also how do I upgrade my NAV system? It's kind of ancient now being 2+ years old...

Thanks!

IPvFletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 11:41 PM   #2 (permalink)
Full Access Member

Originally Posted by IPvFletch View Post
I got my (used) 2010 Raptor not to long ago... Finally logged into syncmyride.com and registered.

I filled out the VIN and info and it I tried to download the updates. It told me manual update is unavailable for my vehicle. I have to take it to the dealer for it to be updated.

The service guy at the dealership told me it is $90 and won't give me any new features and would be a waste of money.

I don't get it. How do I upgrade then? And I think I need to upgrade to get the new Sync Services, right?

Anyone know?? Is there a manual ISO/ZIP I can download from somewhere and throw on the USB stick to update it myself some how?

Also how do I upgrade my NAV system? It's kind of ancient now being 2+ years old...

Thanks!
When I had my 2010 I never updated the Sync system and I never had any issues with it. All the features continued to work. I would find the change log for the software update and figure out if the new features are worth the $90.

2013 Raptor Super Crew, White
2012 Acura MDX, Black
1994 Harley Davidson FLSTN (Nostalgia)
2007 Honda CBR1000RR
HarleyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 11:58 PM   #3 (permalink)

FRF Supporting Member

Mentioned: 56 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Originally Posted by IPvFletch View Post

Thanks!
I have done one update from My account at Sync My Ride...it went fine...the next update did not take...very finicky...and I had the dealer do it...my was no charge so it was no big deal

From what I understand the USB drive needs to be EXACTLY formatted and the update must be downloaded with a specific structure for Sync to even preform the update...I followed the directions to the letter and the update still failed...very frustrating...

Maybe give sync a call directly and see if they can walk you through the update procedure...

Old 01-10-2013, 12:21 AM   #4 (permalink)

(Thread Starter)
Well I can't even download the image/zip. My vehicle is too outdated I guess, so I can't manually update it. The dealer has to.

I was hoping to use the Sync Services features - like where you sync iTunes or can send info to your truck, those features... ???

What about NAV updates? Is there a zip/iso anywhere I can download + burn and update myself??? The NAV is pretty outdated for around here, really just found it out on my long road trip through nowheresville TX and NM....
IPvFletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 02:51 AM   #5 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

They have an 800 number, just call them, they seem to be really nice. I have called 2x already and off hours.

Old 01-11-2013, 06:34 AM   #6 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Does anyone know the current version? I have 3.2.2.

Dave
Dkyacht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 11:17 AM   #7 (permalink)

Full Access Member

I know MFT version is 3.5.x but I think you need the A4 NAV card to work with it.

2008 GT Prem - Vista Blue - 5spd manual - 3.55 L/S - IUP - Spoiler delete
Best 1/4: - 11.54 @ 120.7 mph 1.661 60' RT .094
69Mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 05:05 PM   #8 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Originally Posted by 69Mach1 View Post
I know MFT version is 3.5.x but I think you need the A4 NAV card to work with it.
My truck is a 11, is it worth the upgrade? Are there many improvements?

Dave
Dkyacht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 05:09 PM   #9 (permalink)

Full Access Member

If yours is an 11 then I don't believe you have MyFord Touch (MFT). Not sure if there's a newer version out for yours or not.

2008 GT Prem - Vista Blue - 5spd manual - 3.55 L/S - IUP - Spoiler delete
Best 1/4: - 11.54 @ 120.7 mph 1.661 60' RT .094
69Mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 05:28 PM   #10 (permalink)

MTF
Whippled

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Register to remove these ads. It's free!
Mine is a 2010 and there isn't any update for that year, as we only have SYNC with or without NAV.

The updates are for the MY FORD TOUCH and SYNC together in 2011 and up.

AR3T-14D544-AEGen1 - V3.1 _________ last release date 4/2/2011

(This new software release, based on customer feedback, will improve Ford's 911 Assist and Vehicle Health Report features. Now you can disable the '911 Assist is set to Off' speech reminder. If you choose to turn it off, a line of text reminding you that 911 Assist is disabled will continue to be shown on the radio display. In addition to the 911 Assist enhancement, the Auto Vehicle Health Report feature will now have a default setting of 'OFF'. Simply switch to 'ON' if you wish this report to be automatically generated.

In addition, there will also be improvements to the Traffic, Directions, and Information feature. Your SYNC system will now keep you advised of its status when communicating with other services that provide information for our services. When SYNC needs to send or receive data about traffic, direction or information, the radio will display a message indicating 'Sending' or 'Receiving' so the user is aware that SYNC is working. Some, not all, radios may display the message 'Prs&Hld PHONE to end' when communicating a service.

Also contained in this release are improvements to USB and Bluetooth features and phone and media device support.

Please Read: This update will take up to 8 minutes to complete. Approximately 60 seconds after you begin the installation, you will receive an Installation Complete message. DO NOT REMOVE YOUR USB DRIVE OR TURN OFF YOUR VEHICLE. You must wait an additional 4-8 minutes until you hear a second Installation Complete message before you can remove your thumb drive. During this interval, while the update is loading, SYNC will not recognize your mobile phone or media device. Be sure to have your vehicle engine running throughout the entire installation process. After installing the Traffic, Directions and Information update, please bring your USB drive back to your computer to report the successful installation. NOTE: You will need to pair your mobile phone again with SYNC and re-download your contacts from your mobile phonebook. We also recommend that before re-pairing your mobile phone, you delete the previous Bluetooth-SYNC connection that was on your mobile phone.)

Don't do the NAV Disk update it's a waste of money and it's $199
All it does is update the map, dosen't upadte the NAV itself, if that's what your thinking

Whipple Upgrade Package, Mid-perch, Custom Deavers +2 Rear Springs, Axle Exchange Driveshaft, Pace Edward electric bed cover with remote, Pop and Lock Automactic Tail Gate lock, Mud Flaps, Window Rain Guards, EZ Down Tailgate Shock, Bed Rug
Future Installs: Brembo Brakes 15" Gran Turismo and now the Fox 3.0 stage 4 shocks!
And when I grow up I want one of these http://youtu.be/ZkxyYPbLfrI

Last edited by MTF; 01-11-2013 at 08:57 PM.
MTF is offline   Reply With Quote