Focal Audio

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

msayewich

Reaction score
I'm looking to upgrade the sound system in my '14. I don't want to do anything too elaborate while keeping a stock look. I did some reading and noticed that the consensus is you need a full overall to really see an improvement.

I demoed the Focal setup and was quite impressed. Any suggestions to the product or other options?

I really just wanted to change the component speakers and keep the rest.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
focal makes a 5x7 component you can use for the front and a coax for the rear. its the integration series. they can handle some amplification, but i probably wouldnt go more than 100 watts. but when making the purchase, always try to keep in mind, will you ever want to upgrade in the future? that is something to consider when you do this. if you think you may want to upgrade in the future, then i would suggest a higher line like the performance series.

OP
OP
M

msayewich

Reaction score
a higher end line then focal? The speakers a pair are at $600 ~ $1200 alone. I thought I was already at high end.

The Car Stereo Company

Supporting Member
Reaction score
a higher end line then focal? The speakers a pair are at $600 ~ $1200 alone. I thought I was already at high end.
same brand, just a higher model speaker. for focal you have multiple lines.

from cheapest to most expensive

auditor
integration (isc,iss)
performance (pc,ps,flax)
kr
krx
utopia

these are all focal speakers. i am a focal dealer and carry all these lines. it is my go to speaker when doing most audio systems. i prefer them over hertz, audison, morel, etc.
i personally run the utopia in the front (165wr-c) and the flax (165fx) in the rear. the flax gives a more natural sound that is similiar to the utopia line, however do not carry the same price tag. you spend hundereds, not thousands. for your situation, not wanting to add or change anything else, i would use the iss570 and the isc570 but if you think you will want to add to it in the future, i would use the performance line. they dont make a 5x7 in the higher lines because a 6 1/2 will always sound better so at that point you will need to do a little work to get the 6 1/2 speakers in. but with the right equipment, you can have a top quality sound system.

QTX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
they dont make a 5x7 in the higher lines because a 6 1/2 will always sound better so at that point you will need to do a little work to get the 6 1/2 speakers in. but with the right equipment, you can have a top quality sound system.

How much work to fab in the 6.5 comps?

The Car Stereo Company

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was going to use the 165 krx2 in the rear and the 165 krc
not worth it if you are not going to upgrade anything else. a lot of our $10k builds use these speakers. you wont get the full potential of these speakers unless a processor and amplifier are used.

---------- Post added at 09:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:12 AM ----------

How much work to fab in the 6.5 comps?
$75 and i can make the set front and rear. just need to know exact speaker model

OP
OP
M

msayewich

Reaction score
Ya eh? That's what I was wondering if spending the 650$ a pair was worth it while still using the existing amp and head unit. What would you consider to be a good model while still keeping it oem

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk