Factory Sub enclosure....sub mounting depth?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

trayack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got the truck yesterday and am wondering what the internal depth of the factory sub enclosure is. Might try and throw one of my spare RE 8's in there to see how it sounds for the time being. I'm an audiophile so this Sony system is KILLING me!

- Travis

Maxx2893

Rock and Roll Offroad
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You can try, but I'd just contact nosbusa on here. He can build you a good system. The enclosure makes all the difference in the world. And the stock one sucks.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
one other problem...... the factory amp will not power that sub worth crap. the woofer you have requires a lot more power than the oem woofer and since the oem amp only puts out a certain amount of power, i doubt you will even hear it

OP
OP
trayack

trayack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No worries, was just going to play around with things until I build the full system. When BUSA starts producing more of the SCab sub boxes I'll probabley order one and go from there.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
sorry, im slacking a bit. we have been very busy at my shop so i have not been able to premake any boxes. im thinking just after new years i will have everything together