Factory Navigation does not diaplay current road on main map screen...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

swoop1156

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So, something that has been pissing me off lately is the NAV screen when it displays the map, which is usually what screen is always up. Either way, I miss this one little thing that my 2010 Raptor had...

The black bar on the bottom portion of the screen that says what road I'm currently on. So, here is what's up...

My 2010 had this bar that would tell me what road I am on. Sure, I can hit the little 'i' button and see the next, current and previous roads, but I want to see it on the main scree, damn it. My truck lists the speed limit of roads and highways in the same spot (to the left of where this bar should be) but doesn't display the bar.

My Mom's 2011 Flex has the bar. My sister's 2012 Explorer has the bar. My friends 2011 Raptor Supercrew has the bar. Mine does not.

Anyone have any idea before I hit up the dealer and see if I can get an update for it?

On a side note, the colors and stuff are different from my 2010 Raptor on some of the screens. For instance, if on the 'home' screen, the text is no longer red against a blue background, it's now white. Just minor differences, but one that I do kinda miss!

debate

Full Access Member
Reaction score
mine shows the street, city, and state in the bar. My NAV shutdown and rebooted awhile back. Maybe press 3 & 6, check for a DTC?

OP
OP
swoop1156

swoop1156

FRF Addict
Reaction score
mine shows the street, city, and state in the bar. My NAV shutdown and rebooted awhile back. Maybe press 3 & 6, check for a DTC?

Thanks, man. :cheers:

I know that my old one had it and others have it but I don't. I've poked around on the 3/6 thing...maybe I'll just blow the whole thing away and see if it comes back. Ya never know!

Phyguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My 2011 has the black bar with the current road at the bottom and the red bar at the top with the next road.

Phyguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm on the road (In Memphis). I'll check the truck when I get back to the Airport (in Denver), but I want to say May.

I also did the Sync update that came out a couple months ago.

Thanks,
MDU

OP
OP
swoop1156

swoop1156

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hmm...SYNC update. That's an idea. I haven't done that yet on this truck. Hell, don't even know if I'm registered on there with the new one. Thanks for the reminder!