Factory gps issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ajstar89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,
The factory nav on my 2013 is acting weird. It's slightly off track of the actual course of the vehicle. Not by much just a few hundred feet, but it messes up the directions. Any one else with this issue or know how to fix it?

Thanks,

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Have you recently changed tire sizes? I've heard that this may cause the GPS to mess up.

If you have a tune you can correct the PCM by updating your tune with the proper tire size.

If not, then disconnecting the positive battery terminal for a few minutes may reset the system.

Good luck!!!

OP
OP
ajstar89

ajstar89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thought it triangulated the position? On my lowrance we drive in a figure 8 to recalibrate it.

Does anyone know how to do this with ours?

DALDeuce

Reaction score
I have the same issue on my 2014. I've tried resetting the system but didn't work. I asked the same question on here and no one seemed to have an answer. I'm going to take it in to the dealer.

Silver 2014

Reaction score
GPS

Had the same problem with my 2014. Did a hard reset disconnect the battery for at least 4hrs. Reconnect works fine. Try that it should work.

OP
OP
ajstar89

ajstar89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Worked for me but I followed the ford official tech guides, at the ford fastlane tech forum. Basically they suggest the following to techs.

1) delete all phones paired to sync on truck in sync Bluetooth settings
2) delete sync pairing from phones
3) disconnect negative terminal for 10 min
4) reconnect and turn truck on, let sync restart and re-pair phones
5) download phone books and keep truck running for 5 min or until download is complete.

Fixed my issues. Thanks for the help guys!

DALDeuce

Reaction score
Worked for me but I followed the ford official tech guides, at the ford fastlane tech forum. Basically they suggest the following to techs.

1) delete all phones paired to sync on truck in sync Bluetooth settings
2) delete sync pairing from phones
3) disconnect negative terminal for 10 min
4) reconnect and turn truck on, let sync restart and re-pair phones
5) download phone books and keep truck running for 5 min or until download is complete.

Fixed my issues. Thanks for the help guys!

I did this a week ago and I haven't had any issues with my nav since.