Electric Tailgate Lock mod - Lock & Unlock Your Tailgate Remotely

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
yhst-66050410386279_2113_1641030

This has been high on my mod list since I got my Raptor last year and realized that Ford, in all their wisdom, saved some $ and didn't give us the ability to lock and unlock the tailgate with the doors when using the remote or the door lock/unlock buttons.

Dear Alan Mulally, I would've happily paid an extra $100 (obviously) for some parts and a tiny bit of labor you could've had your folks put in at the Dearborn plant. (While I'm writing you this personal note I want you to know you also screwed up by not giving us HomeLink or a similar built-in remote but that's an issue that's been covered in other threads). Keep up the good work and please bring out the Bronco SVT as soon as possible! Your friend and customer, MMD

I've done the research and found a complete kit designed for 2010 Ford F-150s (hey, that's us) including installation instructions. The company is DynoLock located in Texas and they offer a US-made kit and a Chinese-made kit. Needless to say, I didn't go with the Chinese-made kit.

I'm looking forward to getting it installed and then knowing the tailgate is unlocked when I unlock the doors and when I walk away from the Raptor I'll know the thing is locked and secured so it can't easily be lifted off my truck and stolen.

Here's a link to the item I ordered:
http://www.dynolock.com/ffs09chsa.html

yhst-66050410386279_2113_3180187

yhst-66050410386279_2113_15900

yhst-66050410386279_2113_872020

Made in the USA.
Stainless Steel Construction.
Maximizes security for trucks with all types of covers.
Lock is inside tailgate and hidden from view.
Works with any Remote keyless entry/alarm system.
Includes individual model instructions.
All wire, connectors and brackets included.
Simple to install in 30 minutes with basic hand tools. (We'll see about that. I have the Bedrug on my tailgate and the stripper pole and the man-step and the camera. I suspect it'll take more than 30 minutes - we'll find out).
5 Year Warranty
How to find correct wires.
Optional dash switch for vehicles without electric door locks.

The American High Security Actuator is very precision built with a stronger motor that has been tested to 180,000 cycles without a failure, as well as a spring-loaded piston that prevents it from moving easily, unless power is actually applied when you lock your doors and tailgate. This allows us to offer a 5 year warranty on the High Security Actuator.

Ford F150 2009 + up FFS09C-HSA
Regular price: $129.99 Sale price: $119.99

Note: As I mentioned, I contacted them and told them I'd order it IF they sold it to me for $100 including delivery. And they did. You can try this too. The lady there told me that they had a sale and they'd extend it to me. I think they'll "extend" it to you too - everyone wants business these days and no reasonable offers should be refused.

Xjrguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Does the blonde in the slinky dress come with it?

Did the Chinese version have an Asian chick included too?

How do you know for special price you asked for that you do not receive Chinese version?

Xjrguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
FYI good luck if your battery dies or the solenoid dies you won't be able to open your tailgate with your key!

Plus with your bak flip cover no access to the contents of the bed if you lose power or it malfunctions and the dynolock is locked.

This kit only blocks the movement of the tailgate handle and not the actual lock cylinder itself so caveat emptor.

wbimota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
FYI good luck if your battery dies or the solenoid dies you won't be able to open your tailgate with your key!

Plus with your bak flip cover no access to the contents of the bed if you lose power or it malfunctions and the dynolock is locked.

This kit only blocks the movement of the tailgate handle and not the actual lock cylinder itself so caveat emptor.

I think if Dan looses battery power, the tailgate would not be main issue...

Xjrguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I think if Dan looses battery power, the tailgate would not be main issue...

You're absolutely correct. With no power, his britney spears and erasure discography would be useless on the hard drive!