Easy in cab tap for 12v non-switched?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Anyone know if there's an easy 12v non switched (constantly powered) tap somewhere around the middle speaker in the dash? I'm thinking on installing a GPS unit up there, and I don't want a cable dandling down.

willis68

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone know if there's an easy 12v non switched (constantly powered) tap somewhere around the middle speaker in the dash? I'm thinking on installing a GPS unit up there, and I don't want a cable dandling down.

Just out of curiosity, why do you want it non switched? My Valentine one is wired to the switched, so when the key is turned it powers it on, that is how I would run my GPS as well

OP
OP
BigJ

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just out of curiosity, why do you want it non switched? My Valentine one is wired to the switched, so when the key is turned it powers it on, that is how I would run my GPS as well
I have my ****** wired exactly the same way will; I pulled it from the rear view mirror.

But I'm thinking I'd like the GPS to work any time, just like I have my VHF/UHF radio wired to work any time. It comes in handy when taking a break on the trail or stopped at camp being able to use the stuff with the engine off and driver door open... no constant warning chime.

Reptar

FRF Addict
Reaction score
damn was hoping for an answer in this thread, I had the exact same question. I'm installing a dual camera security black box and want it to be on 24/7

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
you could use a TAPA-CIRCUIT off the fuse panel below the glove box and run the wire hidden to the GPS.

Mjolnir

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I need to wire my valentine one as well. I saw earlier someone pulled off the rear view mirror power?

it carries enough without blowing the fuse to wire to that?

I assume you tucked the rest of the wires and the inline fuse into the headliner?

ruffstuff

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I front of the windshield defrost vents, there is a dash top trim piece that comes off pretty easy. You can drop wire(s) down and run to the fuse box.

willis68

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I need to wire my valentine one as well. I saw earlier someone pulled off the rear view mirror power?

it carries enough without blowing the fuse to wire to that?

I assume you tucked the rest of the wires and the inline fuse into the headliner?

This is what i Did, it looks like Ford built it into my Raptor, and it carries more than enough power, no problems whatsoever

Search Results -- J28 Design Inc. Online Store

jdowens1

Ford Senior Master Technician
Reaction score
Your audio module will have constant 12v I would have to look but apim might have one as well both connectors sit below speaker in middle.