do i need my jl summing device?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bakkbakk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I dont have the sony upgrade. Do i need the summing device still or just the cleansweep? Thanks

OP
OP
bakkbakk

bakkbakk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I guess I am a little confused on why I would/wouldn't need it with a non amplified system from the factory.

OP
OP
bakkbakk

bakkbakk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yes I do. I already have the ssi so if there is even a small amount of benefit it might as well go in. I just thought its purpose was to do with a factory amp was all. I also read that as long as I use the ssi with the dsp, I can route this stuff anyway I want.

I also picked up the jl-lsa just in case, plus it was cheap, at wasn't 100% sure at the time.

Starting to see why professional installs make what they do. With the sound dampening, this thing has been nothing short of a monster with all of the new technology.

I also read I might have lost my sync/sync voice by cutting the wires to the deck? not sure if that's true but would be proper that I f up anything I touch

Also, will I need to find a different remote wire instead of running all 4 off of the same remote out of the stock head unit?

Last edited:

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
you need to make sure the front door speaker wires go to the clssi in order to retain the voice from sync and nav. the remote wire just turns on the equipment. if you are running multiple amps, there is a wire in the passenger kick panel that is an accessory power.