IN dash suggestions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mhaumesser

Reaction score
I have a 2010 Raptor and I want to upgrade to something in dash with navigation, a back up camera and a camera in the front. I prefer to use OEM but then use some lock pick and cracks to do this, but does anyone know how new of a Ford OEM in dash stereo unit will fit and work in my 2010? My wife has a 2015 Explorer sport with a bad ass touch screen, so I'd like something like that but . . . .

t_j

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You can add the OEM system but its gonna cost you $$$$$$$$$$$$$. Your better off with an aftermarket head unit if you have no touch screen atm.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
alpines new setup with their perfect fit kit works really well. it gives you an 8" touch screen and integrates with all your oem controls. has the ability for rear camera and a video input for a front camera if you decide to add one

Mjolnir

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have the Kenwood DN991HD - it's the only one I know of that gives you onscreen climate control (not sure if Alpine does). The Pioneer NEX8000 will NOT give you climate controls. I am waiting for the new ApplePlay Kenwood unit to come out, which will give me faster response and full OBD / Climate / synch controls.

reading up on that Alpine, they don't specifically call out climate support through Maestro - that was the same problem with the Pioneer unit.

here's what my unit's climate control looks like:

kenwoodscreens2_zpsa19b4c0e.jpg

customizable gauges:

kenwoodscreens1_zpsf9ff8c61.jpg

front and rear camera integrate seamlessly:

frontcamerafinal_zpsa94b5d8d.jpg

Last edited:

t_j

FRF Addict
Reaction score
alpines new setup with their perfect fit kit works really well. it gives you an 8" touch screen and integrates with all your oem controls. has the ability for rear camera and a video input for a front camera if you decide to add one

Will this work on a '10 with basic audio (not even sony) and no nav?

Kapolani

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Awesome!

I was waiting for something like this to come out.

I've gleaned enough info from your posts to convince me that you know what you're doing.

How would you rate the Alpine unit? I don't mind paying for quality stuff, but still like to maximize my bang for buck ratio.

Is there something else coming out in the future that plays nice with our Raptors?

I have a 2014 with basic sound system.