Dash Cam

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ZBoater

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I wish there was audio. "Get up you little bastard. There was a camera. It's all on tape. Now get outta here before I bust you."

WNCHSTR96

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I need to work on my little collection of dash cam footage and upload some to youtube to link in this post. Of course that last one I downloaded of me flooring it when the light was yellow only to jump the truck through the red lighted intersection won't get publicized. I know it was wrong, but it was awesome at the same time. I've actually ordered a G1W from amazon a over a week ago so I'm looking forward to the better quality video. Of course with a 24 July-11 August receive date it must be coming by boat from China.

WNCHSTR96

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any write-ups on hardwiring?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I thought I saw one on here but searching for it could be a pain. I need to figure that whole tapatalk thing out so I can post a picture of my set up. I basically installed a 12V outlet (like $4) inside the right side dash panel (door open) and wired it to my AUX 4. So it allows me to run the cable hidden and plug into the socket out of sight. Also, someone else on here did a sweet "always on one" with a switch in the center console.

Also I broke down and put my stupidity on YouTube;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dnlv-o2u-Uc

Not a great camera, but like I said a better one is coming.

Goofball

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any write-ups on hardwiring?

Just get the 12 volt wire for you camera and run it in the headliner and down the pillar to the fuse box on passenger side kick panel. Get a fuse tap and tie into the ignition fuse (cant remember which number but it was on the bottom row) that's it. Easy peasy that way it comes on and turns on with the key.

mprice1234

Gen 1 Rules
Reaction score
Hp210

I'm using a HP210 and move it from car to car with the supplied mount. The playback is 1080P and it holds a 32gig SD card. Works well and you can choose to record sound or not. I would suggest anyone thinking about a dash cam to check this one out.