GEN 1 Confused...kicker work, or not with Sony

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tcm glx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I've spent the last hour on SEARCH reading threads...I'm confused.

So just bought myself a 2012 SCREW race red, CPO. Love the truck so far, it has the luxury package, and Sony Nav. Subwoofer under the passenger seat.

Does the kicker package work, if so which one is it, etc etc.

Thanks, and apologize for the newbie question, but couldn't get a straight answer when searching.

waddellw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
By does the kicker package work I assume you're asking IS there a kicker package that will work?

I saw them offering a power enclosure that replaces the stock sub if that's what you're looking for

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

OP
OP
tcm glx

tcm glx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I guess what I am asking is does the soundstage work (plug and play) or not.

If not, is signal processor and amp the right way to go?

10SpdsOfFury

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Email Kicker. When I had my 2013 Platinum they said it wouldn't work with the Sony system. They may have figured something out.

movi

Reaction score
Easy plug and play solution is the PAC ap4-fd21 adapter. Just plug inline to your wiring harness, no cutting needed, buy 6 channel amp and power front stage and sub. Leave rear speakers on stock amp or disconnect completely. Huge improvement over stock. No need for DSP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Freedom

Reaction score
I thought about the kicker sub upgrade but then just added and after market amp and sub for $400. I now have way more bass then i will ever need. I have a 10" under the seat for when I have 4 passengers and an 8" sundown audio sub that sits directly behind the center console. It sits between the rear seat and console.