Centre speaker connector

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kahuna

THE MORE YOU PLAY WITH IT, THE BIGGER IT GETS
Reaction score
Does anyone have a bead on what it is and a source for the connector for the centre speaker? I want to use the speaker for my VHF install but don't really want to cut any wires.

Thanks,
K

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I soldered right to the posts and just disconnected the factory connector. No cutting that way.

Click here to bid on a spot for the Snoball 2016 with proceeds going to stand up Dub!

freedommotorsports.us

Email: [email protected]

FreedomLogo.jpg

DocSpooK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can't solder for crap, so just cut it down stream and twisted on the new ones with electric tape. never had an issue doing this and enough slack to undo if ever needed. Works well for the radio.

RaptorScrew

FRF Addict
Reaction score
OP
OP
Kahuna

Kahuna

THE MORE YOU PLAY WITH IT, THE BIGGER IT GETS
Reaction score
Thanks for the input guys but if I can get hold of one I would like to use a connector.

I installed my VHF radio in the Center Speaker area and remove it when not in use.

Will you leave it installed 24/7?

My radio head is installed up near the sunglasses holder but I need to connect an external speaker. I want to use the OEM centre speaker so am trying to track down the connector on the harness side of the speaker wiring. That way I can connect my VHF to that and easily switch back to using the speaker for the stereo.

The head unit is cut into the headliner so stays there 24/7.

Thanks,
K

McGrath4u

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wanted the clean look and searched near and far for a connector to mate the existing center speaker but came up short. Ended up unsoldering the factory connector and soldering in 2-wire trailer connectors to both the radio and uhf/vhf radio. Can swap back and forth in about 1 minute.

Hillbilly? Yes but I was sick of searching junk yards and specialty electronic stores. Just wanted it done at that point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk