Cb radio

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Icecobra

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Most BLM trucks are setup with a VHF/UHF radio. Its how they talk to the office.. And although I dont ercommend this , if you venture out alone have the local Police/Fire/Sherriff/BLM/RANGER/ frequency programmed on to your radio.. I would rather be in trouble for broadcasting on there channel than be dead cause i could not get help.. Yes you will be in a lot of trouble and get yelled at, but in that situation they prefer to help you than have to look for you and pick up dead bodies...

OP
OP
Danactive

Danactive

I'm Back!
Reaction score
Great info guys I guess that's exactly what I need, any suggestions on an affordable one? I plan on doing a few raptor runs a year so I don't need to go all out just something effective and user friendly :)

Icecobra

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The most effective seems to be the ICOM F5021 vehicle mount system. This seems to be run on more Raptor expeditions than anything else.. Talk to the car stereo company I think he is getting setup as a dealer.

Kanakry

FRF Addict
Reaction score
For what its worth,
I can do a Amateur Radio with mount and antenna for quite a bit less than an ICOM. Nothing is wrong with getting an ICOM but if you looking bang for the buck I have a great radio.

My radio has more power, and has the ability to communicate on channels that arn't programmed into it. Its a much more verstile rig for less money.

I have sold about 8 of these setups.

All The Way

FRF Addict
Reaction score
For what its worth,
I can do a Amateur Radio with mount and antenna for quite a bit less than an ICOM. Nothing is wrong with getting an ICOM but if you looking bang for the buck I have a great radio.

My radio has more power, and has the ability to communicate on channels that arn't programmed into it. Its a much more verstile rig for less money.

I have sold about 8 of these setups.

I'll second that. Icom, Yaesu, and Kenwood are the big three when it comes to mobile radios. A lot of times you can pick up a good used radio for a good price. It doesn't hurt to do some research and ask a lot of questions.
I do want to add one thing. Being able to program on the fly to any frequency you want doesn't make it ok to transmit on it. I'm not trying to be a ham **** but I just want people to be aware when using them close to populated areas.

Slacker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
CB install?

Has anyone installed a CB in their Raptor? I am looking for something that I:

1) Don't have to drill any holes
2) Don't have a huge box hanging off the side of my center console

Anyone?

plotshots

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Try a cell phone. I understand that they can actually reach people all over the country these days... just kidding - maybe.

MTUH3

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have a CB mounted in my truck to the center speaker tray. Remove the rubber mat and there are two screws to remove. Unclip the speaker and you can pull the tray out. I drilled out the dimple in the tray for the power and antenna cable, and made a mount for the CB bracket and longer screws to attach the CB. I ran power down the center of the dash on the pass side to the 12V outlet for power. I ran the antenna cable down the driver side. There is a flap in the carpet and a large rubber grommet through the firewall. I cut a small slip in the grommet and slapped some RTV down to seal things back up. Ran the Antenna cable down the frame to the bed. Popped out one of those plastic cap things in the bad and built and antenna mount to the tie down in the bed. For best results I would run the cable between the bed and cab to a magnet mount on the roof.

Here is the best pic I have handy.

269593_10151349356131950_1411405951_n.jpg