CB install question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fjcoop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did a few searches and found nothing on CB installation. Where are you putting you CB and antenna. In my FJ I installed a cobra all-in-one C75 WX ST. Was hoping to see some pics and make a decision on my install

jondle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As Huck said, if you want to go offroad with other people, I strongly suggest VHF instead of CB...or you'll be talking to yourself. If you only want to talk to truckers on the highway...have at it.

That said, here is an old thread with my radio in it. I haven't seen anyone else mount under the glove box.

Help Ham Radio Install Location

Updated since that post, I use a wing nut now because it is significantly easier to tighten in the tight spot. Also, the mic is mounted to the GPS mount on top of the dash, so the mic is always very accessible for me.

SVT_4X4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I mounted my VHF tucked nicely in the console. It is wired to my number 4 upfitter switch. I think routed speaker wires to a plug I installed in side of console so I could just plug in my speaker when I am using it. At first used a magnetic antenna, but ended up permanently mounting an antenna on the roof by the third brake light.

D

Deleted member 12951

I was told wiring to aux switches was bad, better to wire direct to battery. What have you done differently if anything?

Huck

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I was told wiring to aux switches was bad, better to wire direct to battery. What have you done differently if anything?

doesn't matter where you wire it.

Just needs a power source, so if you want to waste a upfitter for a radio go for it.

Trick.Raptor

The Cracker Raptor
Reaction score
I had my F5021 mounted in the console and will power on at any time with sound through the center dash speaker. The VHF radio sounds great and I have no loss when I play the radio...

Attachments

• IMG_1604.jpg
    IMG_1604.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 199
  • IMG_1607.jpg
    IMG_1607.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 168