Bluetooth AutoPlay

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Greetings.

I had an F250 without nav (just ford SYNC) and it would automatically start playing over bluetooth every time I started the truck but only if bluetooth was the selected media when I turned off the truck. When I would get back in my truck and start it, the bluetooth would start playing.

On my Raptor (factory NAV and ford SYNC) when I turn on the truck, I have to select the bluetooth as the media type every time.

Anyone have any idea on how to get it to automatically start playing over bluetooth when I connector? It currently selects USB every time I start the vehicle.

Thanks everyone for your time.

Last edited:

cage1993

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm interested in this also, on my 2010 the tunes started right up every time I turned the truck on, now on my 2012 I have the same issue as you it defaults to "line in" and I have to manually change it - I looked for an option on this but didn't spend much time

panda

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the opposite problem. Mine starts auto playing on the phone even if Bluetooth Media Source isn't selected. There is a setting under the Bluetooth menu for autoplay, but it doesn't seem to help me either way.

Not that big of an issue, I just try to remember to hit pause on the phone to save battery. It is annoying though.

Coop77InTX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've got the same issue with no workable solution. I have to change from line in to Bluetooth everytime.

kyleblix

Reaction score
I have the opposite problem. Mine starts auto playing on the phone even if Bluetooth Media Source isn't selected. There is a setting under the Bluetooth menu for autoplay, but it doesn't seem to help me either way.

Not that big of an issue, I just try to remember to hit pause on the phone to save battery. It is annoying though.

Has anybody figured this out yet? I just got my truck last week and everytime I start it my phone starts playing music (whether or not it is selected). I can be listening to the radio in the truck and my phone shows that it is also playing music. It's kind of annoying b/c it's using both battery and data for my phone if I don't stop it on my phone everytime I start the truck.

kyleblix

Reaction score
This section doesn't get a lot of attention. But for what it's worth, when I updated the latest version of SYNC this issue went away.

Aeneiad

Reaction score
I have the same issue on my 2010 Raptor. On one of the other forums a Ford technician posted that this was a deliberate decision based off owner feedback. He stated that owners were complaining about battery consumption on the phone when the system defaulted to BT. Why they didn't create am option to select the default input is beyond me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

elindley01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I researched this too and found the same thing Aeneiad found out. The newest Sync update was designed to remove the auto-default to Bluetooth based on owner feedback.

Not sure what owners didn't want that...

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk