Best wiring.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
JJ f150harley

JJ f150harley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks Huck. For adding aux switches. I just feel like the wire at the auto stores is junky and I'm doing this right and not ni **errigging it. So trying to go with the good stuff

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i use stinger wires for all my wiring here at my shop. try a good car audio shop that has copper wires. i know i have doubled the value of my truck with the amount of copper wire i have ran

OP
OP
JJ f150harley

JJ f150harley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Awesome. Thanks busa. Exactly what I was looking for. Would like an electrical supply company carry them too?

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
possibly. automotive wire is the stranded wire. the solid core is too stiff to work with. and dont get the ones that are too soft. its usually aluminium clad copper. which isnt bad, as long as its the right guage, but pure copper transfers better. the important thingis the amount of insulation. the cheap wire in amp power kits (for example) will say a 4ga kit, but if you see the wire, it is 8ga but has 4 ga insulation. the same goes for smaller guages, just make sure there is more wire than insulation

OP
OP
JJ f150harley

JJ f150harley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks busa. I look at it first and see if I can get stinger. I know exactly what you mean with the insulation.

Icecobra

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Don't use wire at a electrical supply.. You want a high density wire (lots of little wires in one outer casing).. Low impedance cable is best.. There is a chart to use to calculate what wire goes to what load... 12-16 gauge wire for speakers and 4 to 2 gauge wire for amplifier.. Remember fuses with in one foot of battery... Proper grounding is a very critical component in my shop that's what we saw more often than not bad grounding creating issues..

OP
OP
JJ f150harley

JJ f150harley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Awesome Ice thank you. I'm wiring it to a marine fuse box and everything will be grounded direct to the battery.