Back up camera / backup sensors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bender5

Reaction score
I have a backup camera built into my OEM Nav system. I also have the backup sensors. I can't get the sensors to activate. It would be nice to have these working when I have my tailgate off. Is it possible to have both of these systems operable? If so how?

Thanks

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Let me ask the obvious question: How do you have the backup sensors? Did you install them in the stock bumper or install a Ford pickup truck bumper that already had them or ?

OP
OP
bender5

bender5

Reaction score
Dan,
I'm sorry if I was unclear. My Raptor came from the factory with 4 back up sensors mounted in the original bumper as well as a tailgate with a factory camera in the talgate below the Ford oval. Seems to me that if I paid for both they should be both operative even if slightly redundant.

Thanks

MarkT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That's odd... Were they listed on the window sticker? Dealer installed option? (or maybe it was an assembly line error of some kind?)

I agree that if you paid for them, they should work... but I wasn't aware that the backup sensors were an option on the Raptor.

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Dan,
I'm sorry if I was unclear. My Raptor came from the factory with 4 back up sensors mounted in the original bumper as well as a tailgate with a factory camera in the talgate below the Ford oval. Seems to me that if I paid for both they should be both operative even if slightly redundant.

Thanks

Welcome to the forum! There's no need or reason to apologize. Is your Raptor a 2010 model? Any chance you can take a pic or two of your bumper? Have you looked under it at the wiring/wiring harness to see if the sensors are wired? This is the first I (and probably anyone else) has heard of a factory Raptor having rear bumper sensors in a 2010 (I don't think it's an option for 2011 MY Raptors either based on what we've read). I wonder if the factory somehow installed a standard F-150 bumper on your Raptor?

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yeah that is strange. First I've heard of someone having backup sensors on a Raptor, factory installed or otherwise.

X2 what Dan said. I'd love to see a pic or three. And please don't hesitate to ask if you need help posting pics. We're here to help.

OP
OP
bender5

bender5

Reaction score
Gentlemen
I took the truck to the dealership yesterday morning. They determined that I did in fact have someone else's bumper hanging on my truck. Someone from Ford was coming out to look at it. They are also giving it a thoriough inspection to see if any other incorrect parts are installed. They are having a Raptor bumper overnighted. The truck is locked up in the service department. I think they are a little embarased. They gave me a Lariet to drive. I told them that on top of the correct bumper I wanted a trailer brake controler ( the ony option I didn't get ), and the 2 parts needed to do the ambient lighting mod. I was gonna ask for the home link visor but the clip on Genie transmitter I got works fine. I'm sure I will also be getting some legal release to sign from Ford mentioning confidentiality. BUTT hey I ain't signed nothing yet. I may ask for a dozen free "the works" service packages before I sign. You guys definately helped me out on this one
Thanks a couple of thousands

Bender5

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Glad to hear you got to the bottom of this mystery.

Of course theyr'e embarassed. Someone screwed up at the factory and they want to know how it happened. And they don't want you driving it with the incorrect bumper. Did you ever take any pictures? What color was the bumper?

Good for you asking for free stuff! Keep us posted on what you end up with.

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
x2 the pics request. PLEASE tell me ya took pics...

SLB8SNK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thats just funny... well not to you, but many of us. I am one of those guys who would KILL to have them both. I like the camera, but I have had the other for so long I got used to backup up and trusting in the beeps.... oh well, glad it worked out.