Automatic Tailgate lock

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KeithS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just installed a POP&LOCK PL8250 in my 2012 SCrew. Bought on Amazon. I looked in both rear door sills and couldn't find the lock wires, either by any of the color codes listed here or in the mfg instructions, or by checking with a meter. Maybe they are there somewhere, but I gave up and went to the passenger front door sill and used a gray w/ brown and a violet w/ gray just like bL1X mentioned above. There are multiples of each color, but I'm guessing that any of them will work, since the first ones I checked worked.

One of their pre-crimped terminals had a bad crimp that had me running in circles for a while, but no other problems. Works like a champ.

Routed through the passenger side frame rail and through the grommet in the rear passenger door sill.

OP
OP
MTF

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I thank you for the input.
So you saying that in a 2012 Super Crew Cab the wires are only in the front door sills?
Did you come through the rear sill grommet and run the wires to the front sill?

Just want to check so I can revise the first post for everybody. and give credit

Last edited:

KeithS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thank you for the input.
So you saying that in a 2012 Super Crew Cab the wires are only in the front door sills?
Did you come through the rear sill grommet and run the wires to the front sill?

Just want to check so I can revise the first post for everybody. and give credit

I couldn't find any wires in either rear sill that matched any of the colors mentioned in this thread. Also took a meter to 5 or 6 likely suspects in driver rear sill and a couple in the passenger rear with no luck. Maybe they were there somewhere, but I got tired of guessing and followed bL1X's advice. Any credit goes to him.

Yes, came in through passenger rear grommet and routed inside up to the front sill (easiest part of the whole install).

RedTailHawk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just got my Pop&Lock today (and still arguing with StylinTrucks.com for an RMA to return the PE PowerGate. They said they contacted PE and were assured the PowerGate works on the Raptor with lock and camera.)

Can't wait to get the Pop&Lock installed this week. (Again I forgot to lock the tailgate after storing 5 snowboards and gear. Realized I forgot to lock it when we were coming out of a restaurant. Luckily nothing was missing).

Big Green Machine

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I couldn't find any wires in either rear sill that matched any of the colors mentioned in this thread. Also took a meter to 5 or 6 likely suspects in driver rear sill and a couple in the passenger rear with no luck. Maybe they were there somewhere, but I got tired of guessing and followed bL1X's advice. Any credit goes to him.

Yes, came in through passenger rear grommet and routed inside up to the front sill (easiest part of the whole install).

When I did mine I routed it up to the front grommet which I found easier but either way will work. In the front there's a grommet up front near where the door meets the floor. I just popped it up through the grommet and connected about six inches back. Easy as pie.

~BGM

FAMARO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I did mine I routed it up to the front grommet which I found easier but either way will work. In the front there's a grommet up front near where the door meets the floor. I just popped it up through the grommet and connected about six inches back. Easy as pie.

~BGM

Can you show a photo of this location and how your ran the wires?

Big Green Machine

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can you show a photo of this location and how your ran the wires?

My car's being wrapped at the moment so once it's done I can grab a shot easy enough.

it's really easy to find though, just pull up the plastic cover along the floorboard, follow the wires forward to where they disappear under the forward plastic moldings and there it is, in the floor. If you're looking for it from the outside it's even easier as it's the only black rubber grommet in that area and there's nothing going in or out of it when stock.

~BGM

OP
OP
MTF

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score

~BGM

That is helpful since the wires you need to connect to are in the front sill anyway.

I will add it to the first post. Thanks

---------- Post added at 03:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:22 PM ----------

Just got my Pop&Lock today (and still arguing with StylinTrucks.com for an RMA to return the PE PowerGate. They said they contacted PE and were assured the PowerGate works on the Raptor with lock and camera.)

To Krahulec

I would call Pace Edwards and tell them StylinTrucks.com is not making your P/E purchase a happy experience.

Last edited: