Audio system brainstorming

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mxbrad04

Reaction score
Hey guys, first time posting on here. Had my raptor since Feb and can't stop mod'ing thanks to you guys. Just put in a set of Dawson's retrofits and just amazing! It's probably a good thing I'm not married yet! Haha

Been browsing around and reading on what some have been doing with their audio in their raps. I find the Sony nav system in my 11 raptor lacking as volume goes up. I've tolerated it until recently. I had an 11 eb with standard audio which I overhauled the whole system with an lc6, alpine amps and subs, and infinity speakers. It was a lot better but didn't achieve the clarity I was looking for. I've been reading some input that Noah has been giving and he defiantly knows his stuff.

Seems for best results, just pull everything Sony out of the thing, sum things up, amp it, then to aftermarket speakers. Where I'm unsure is where to spice in with a cleansweep or audio controls device. I'm thinking if I tie upstream of the factory processor I can get a better signal, or less tampered one anyway, and put in a simple summing device then to an amp from there. On the other hand, I could tie downstream of everything then use a cleansweep to sum and clean up the signal and eq. Also what component speakers have tweeters that will fit in the a pillar? I know jl audio has a set I've read works but haven't seen anything else on it. Just been brainstorming here lately. Input is appreciated! Thanks guys!

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Macman

FRF Addict
Reaction score
PM The Car Stereo Company, he is very knowledgeable on good systems for the Raptor!

Last edited:

GBrown1867

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I dropped my truck of with Noah on Saturday and he is doing a full system. He is very knowledgeable and I am sure he would steer you in the right direction.

OP
OP
mxbrad04

mxbrad04

Reaction score
What's Noah setting you up with?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I'd rather this not go to PM because I would like to see the answers. I don't want to pester Noah with PM's too far in advance when he's got a business to run.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
gordons truck is getting focal front and rear speakers, jl xd 700/5, jl tw3 in a custom box, cleansweep and summing device. i might add, his roll cage is a pain to work around.... thanks G. haha