Anyone mod the radio antenna?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wbimota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
b216093698.jpg

When I saw this antenna first time, I was so surprised because I haven seen for years.
Even my old camry has internal antenna on its back window.
I know it looks tough and even helps me noticing hight of this car.
But I want some good looking antennas, and I think reception of this antenna is not really good.
Anyone mod this radio antenna?

BentToast

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ever think its on there for a reason? A long antenna on a modern 40k vehicle is suprising, but it just higher than the top of the cab so you know if you have clearance under something

SLB8SNK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ever think its on there for a reason? A long antenna on a modern 40k vehicle is suprising, but it just higher than the top of the cab so you know if you have clearance under something

Your probably right in it being a good warning, but I don't think our truck as it sits will indeed be higher than any parking structure for the most part, do you? I really don't think the height has anything to do with a warning as this is the same issue I had with my SportTrac, and that should have NO issues. I think it is just purely for reception, and these smaller units are just as good. JMO.

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Your probably right in it being a good warning, but I don't think our truck as it sits will indeed be higher than any parking structure for the most part, do you? I really don't think the height has anything to do with a warning as this is the same issue I had with my SportTrac, and that should have NO issues. I think it is just purely for reception, and these smaller units are just as good. JMO.

Actually the antenna does do a good job as as early warning system as long as the speeds are slow in low-clearance parking structures. I don't go into them often but when I do I'm very cautious because some have quite low ceilings and there's nothing like a ceiling/pipe to roof impact to ruin a Raptor owner's day.

I still have my antenna but it's in my garage so it's not offering any warnings at all.