Antenna Removal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TuckerTravis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just got home with my 2012 Screw. Stoked. But I was going to put on my cravenspeed stubby but i can't get the original antenna off. It just keeps twisting and making a clicking sound and I can feel it clicking and it doesnt seem to be loosening. What gives?

Devilsfan72

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sound like they screwed up installing antenna and now where the antenna goes inis spinning and it won't come out. Take back to dealer

Gravityzone

Reaction score
Just got home with my 2012 Screw. Stoked. But I was going to put on my cravenspeed stubby but i can't get the original antenna off. It just keeps twisting and making a clicking sound and I can feel it clicking and it doesnt seem to be loosening. What gives?

Just put my Craven Stubby on tonight and it was a very simple unscrew.....BUT the reception on mine is VERY (really sucks) poor and I had to put the stock back on.......that sucks because I love the look of the Stubby ...but NO Bloody reception.......

puddle hunter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think someone posted about the clicking sound in another thread, and if I remember right, it was a result of over tightening from the factory. But yours just keeps spinning, and that sounds like a different issue altogether. I'd take it back to the dealer for sure.

nold

Full Access Member
Reaction score
try w40, big careful though dont spray it on your paint. use the red plastic nozzle

CAbimmer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a craven speed antenna for sale. I mounted it the day I got home and it sucked. I ended up removing the ball on the stock one and cutting off 4", then put the ball back on. works great, doesnt hit my garage door.