amp on aux switches

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lacrosseman812

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i know that the amps on the aux switches are 30 30 15 10 but i was wondering if its possible to add amps to the switchs? any one know

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
i know that the amps on the aux switches are 30 30 15 10 but i was wondering if its possible to add amps to the switchs? any one know

I doubt the switches themselves would be the issue. If you're getting up above 30A and running say 10-15ft of wiring you're going to be talking 8 to 4 gauge wire which is not what they used on the pass through wires. Also any fuses, relays etc aren't rated for the higher current. :hmm:

robmax72

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's what I was thinking as well bird. It would be a project to replace the stock wires with higher capacity wires.

OP
OP
L

lacrosseman812

Full Access Member
Reaction score
okay if u hear anything let me know im trying to get my dad to get one and let me have it so im trying to find stuff out

edit:eek:pps never mind bout the first part my page want refreshed when i sent that so i dint see ur post birdman

Last edited:

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
okay if u hear anything let me know im trying to get my dad to get one and let me have it so im trying to find stuff out

hang tight, i'm no expert but we have some guys who can answer your question definitively.

wait you want Dad to buy you a Raptor??? I hope you're his favorite son!

OP
OP
L

lacrosseman812

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hang tight, i'm no expert but we have some guys who can answer your question definitively.

wait you want Dad to buy you a Raptor??? I hope you're his favorite son!
hes probly gonna trade his car in and he like my yukon alot and he doesnt like driving a truck but he and m mom know i want a truck really bad and im the only one that still lives at my house any more of the sibling so i have a good chance :D

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
hes probly gonna trade his car in and he like my yukon alot and he doesnt like driving a truck but he and m mom know i want a truck really bad and im the only one that still lives at my house any more of the sibling so i have a good chance :D

tell your dad to sign up on the forum and you will have 2 of them in the driveway tomorrow :D. we will work on him for you.

pirate air

will plunder your booty
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't know what the safe working amperage for the aux switch circuits are other than what Ford has them Fused for. I wouldn't go any higher because electrical components get expensive. What I would do instead is have the aux switch control a heavy duty relay with the proper size wiring and circuit protector. This way you can design the circuit for as many amps as you want 30, 40 50, whatever. Just be careful you don't over work the alternator if you get crazy. What mods did you have in mind?