GEN 1 Amp Advice

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Raptized

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone. I am far from a Electronics expert when it comes to Car Audio. In my Heyday you got the bigger speakers you can fit in your car with the biggest amp you could afford and that was your system. Today I found a first generation kicker Solo-Baric sl10 brand new in box in my garage that I was going to install in my old Chevy truck. I want to use the smallest box I can for my truck and the only information I can find is that it's a 600-watt speaker and it has dual 2 ohm voice coils.

What kind of amp specs am I looking for for good sound?

2013 Supercrew

Smokeshow60

SgtMajor of the MemeCorps
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone. I am far from a Electronics expert when it comes to Car Audio. In my Heyday you got the bigger speakers you can fit in your car with the biggest amp you could afford and that was your system. Today I found a first generation kicker Solo-Baric sl10 brand new in box in my garage that I was going to install in my old Chevy truck. I want to use the smallest box I can for my truck and the only information I can find is that it's a 600-watt speaker and it has dual 2 ohm voice coils.

What kind of amp specs am I looking for for good sound?

2013 Supercrew
Amp spec that best represents would be the amps spec on "harmonic distortion " the lower the better

Smokeshow60

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thank you for the reply. English? Lol

Lol. You asked what specifications you should be looking for. If you look at the listed specifications for any amplifier the advertised harmonic distortion is the one that basically tells you how clean it is. The lower the harmonic distortion is the cleaner the power is that's delivered to the speaker. The cleaner the power, the better it will sound.

OP
OP
Raptized

Raptized

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lol. You asked what specifications you should be looking for. If you look at the listed specifications for any amplifier the advertised harmonic distortion is the one that basically tells you how clean it is. The lower the harmonic distortion is the cleaner the power is that's delivered to the speaker. The cleaner the power, the better it will sound.
OK. What watt range, size, channels and anything else would be ideal?

OP
OP
Raptized

Raptized

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gotcha.. ignore that. Put the rated power at the rated ohms to the speaker
I will run a single 10. Here is a pic of the wiring from the owner manual. So do I bridge the amp? Lower ohm wiring better? I can't find an rms rating anywhere. dac7668ebb4f8e869714ca9724b6edd7.jpg

Smokeshow60

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I will run a single 10. Here is a pic of the wiring from the owner manual. So do I bridge the amp? Lower ohm wiring better? I can't find an rms rating anywhere. dac7668ebb4f8e869714ca9724b6edd7.jpg

I've never used a setup like those... gonna need some help from someone that knows more than me... sorry

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTRaptor20