Aftermarket DVD/Navigation System

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

alman

Reaction score
I have a 2011 Ford Raptor with no DVD/Navigation system and would like to install one that is known to work. I understand many have tried but have had audio problems due to the Raptor Sony Audio system that seems to give no sound with aftermarket DVD/Navigation systems.

Please let me know of any DVD/Navigation systems that work with the Ford Raptor 2011 with Sony Audio systems.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
anything prior to 2013 shouldnt be a problem. pioneer and alpine make great nav units. and there is a dash kit available for those year trucks as well.

Stang

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2011 Ford Raptor with no DVD/Navigation system and would like to install one that is known to work. I understand many have tried but have had audio problems due to the Raptor Sony Audio system that seems to give no sound with aftermarket DVD/Navigation systems.

Please let me know of any DVD/Navigation systems that work with the Ford Raptor 2011 with Sony Audio systems.

Hey man, we can go through this together. Just picked up my '11 SCREW this week and need to do the same. I also want to add a backup cam to integrate into the aftermarket navi. I already backed over a sign in a parking lot, luckily it was cardboard. LOL

They are modules that make everything work with the factory system including SYNC.

krww06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
anything prior to 2013 shouldnt be a problem. pioneer and alpine make great nav units. and there is a dash kit available for those year trucks as well.

Any chance you'd be willing to custom make a dash kit for us???? I want to add a Pioneer Navigation and Backup Camera to my '11 as well, however I don't like the aesthetics of the generic dask kits. I'd love to have the OEM dash look with an aftermarket head unit. Maybe if there were enough of us interested in one it'd be worth your time?????

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
alpine makes a kit already, and it holds the 928 in place of the oem screen. i think it is going to be your best option. by the time i fabricate a dash kit, i dont think it would be a reasonable price point. the alpine kit is $300. by the time i can make one and get it textured and painted to match the truck, it would be well over $300.

Alpine Electronics of America, Inc.

Stang

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Scosche and Metra kits fit perfect but come flat black. You have a lot of options in painting or wrapping in any color or design you want. Google Wu! Wraps. He does a nice job.

Sent via Tapatalk 4 for Android

Stang

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did my Kenwood DNX890HD / Maestro install this past weekend. Also added a tailgate handle backup camera. Absolutely love this setup. GARMIN navi on the 7" Kenwood screen is great. Built in Pandora control is awesome but it was a nightmare to get my S4 working with it properly and still getting it to use Sync for calls. Finally got it by disabling OEM bluetooth or some such setting in the initial setup.

I painted my Scosche faceplate white to match the truck but it doesn't look quite right. I'm going to send another one to Wu for some wrapage.

Sent via Tapatalk 4 for Android

cbs001

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had the pioneer AVIC nav unit and now have the new Alpine unit ( which in my opinion is so f@$% badasss). I have sync disabled and no problem at all with audio.

I am running a front and rear camera with no problems. The front camera is activated by one of the AUX switches.