An adjustment for better sound

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
If you have the factory nav package and want to really push your speakers there are 4 things you need to do.

1. Turn the SCV(Speed Compensated Volume) up to 6. The adjustment goes up to 7, but at 7 the volume fluctuates too much and it's annoying. 5-6 is good.

2. Bass, all the way up.

3. Treble, up 2 notches

4. Fade to front 1-3 notches.

The SCV almost acts like a gain when driving at speed. You won't notice much of a difference when stopped but once you get above 30MPH the head unit drives the speakers louder than it would if the SCV was turned off.

Bass is self explanatory, kick that sub all the way up!

Treble needs to be turned up to compensate for the increased bass.

Lastly, moving the fade toward the front will drive the pillar tweeters more which will blast you away with crisp highs and mids.

Let me know!

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Wouldn't you want your Treble all the way up too? I always have mine maxed out.

OP
OP
BIRDMAN

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
Wouldn't you want your Treble all the way up too? I always have mine maxed out.

You would think so but there are front door speakers, a center channel and tweeters on the A pillars...not to mention the rear speakers so it becomes overwhelming very fast!! :headbang::rockit::dancingpoop:

and some big Sony door speakers they are...

raptor_door_panel.jpg

Last edited:

BOJANGLES

<span style="color: red;"><b>Administrator</b></sp
Supporting Member
Reaction score
other than the SCV, this is actually how I already had my settings. Sometimes I'll turn my bass down a bit though if I feel like I'm losing sound clarity.

of the 3 steps I've already done, I feel like moving the fade forward makes the biggest difference. I'll give the Speed Compensation Volume (Birdman knows a LOT about compensating) a shot tomorrow.